free hit
counters
Silver or black wheel refurb - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Silver or black wheel refurb

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mines going in on the 8th!

Can't decide between

Satin black - safe OEM style.

Satin grey - like BBS FI-R style

Gloss dark grey - meh -  fashion 5 years ago

Or balls to the walls... satin bronze/Gold like a Performante style.

Leaning towards gold to be different at the moment. 

Annoyingly I've wimped out of red. 

The alloy refurb places I've been could only offer around 10 pantones to match to - all of them not quite right to match the centre stripe. The pantone book colour also looks nothing like some of the wheels they have produced so its a total lottery. 

I've gone silver instead. 

I await your justified derision.

Rofl stay strong and go gold.

Hey, it happens! I've had wheels refurbed at the same time and they come out in 3 different colours, despite doing all 4 to avoid that!

Gold/bronze it is! Even had renders done by Martin :) not quite the colour but it gives us an idea!

20190402_172821.jpg

Just now, Lo2zz said:

Looks lovely! Really like it. Staying yellow callipers?

Thank you, yes I am, but I will have them professionally repainted at a later stage to do the lotus logo in black if I can. Make it stand out nicely. However, at £400 odd it will have to wait. Plus NOBODY I contacted was willing to mask off the hard lines, just spray everything yellow which peed me off a bit. Looks awful. 

17 hours ago, Lo2zz said:

Annoyingly I've wimped out of red. 

The alloy refurb places I've been could only offer around 10 pantones to match to - all of them not quite right to match the centre stripe. The pantone book colour also looks nothing like some of the wheels they have produced so its a total lottery. 

I've gone silver instead. 

I await your justified derision.

Rofl stay strong and go gold.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo...... Your car would have looked great with the red wheels - it really works with the white body colour.

Find an alternative supplier who can do the job properly!

• Like 1

So this happened Monday, dropped off and collected about 30 minutes ago.

Will have better pics on my build thread - but too busy working sadly to take good proper ones with a clean car! Photos don't do them justice, they are dark in shade and have a golden tinge to them in the sun

VERY happy :3 

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-11 at 11.48.32.jpeg

• Like 1

So when I went to pick up the car I was horrified. I was tempted to leave the car then and tell them to just take them back to black. 

I didn't want to drive it I thought the silver was that bad. 

Have to say it's really growing on me now. Especially in the sun and when the car is clean. The problem is when the car is dirty and there is no shine or ouster from the pain you have a very visual indicator that the white is actually quite creamy and it looks a bit odd. 

Anyways welcome thoughts! Rofl yours looks awesome!

DSC_0206.JPG

46876955734_5966ec9f9f_c.jpgDSC_0235 by mikeharper2, on Flickr

• Like 1

I love silver wheels which is why mine still has them and do think they look classy on your car, but, I think red would have looked way more exciting and exotic I'm afraid.

Martin S

Edited by MARTIN_S

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 10:39, MARTIN_S said:

I love silver wheels which is why mine still has them and do think they look classy on your car, but, I think red would have looked way more exciting and exotic I'm afraid.

Martin S

Yeah I agree! I just couldn't find anywhere that could match exactly. Going to try and find somewhere that can. The only way seems to be to paint rather than powdercoat which I'm not keen on. Silver wheels look great on your car.