free hit
counters
Pyrenees trip - Events - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LO311

Pyrenees trip

Hi folks,

in June, me and my 3-11 will be on a trip through the French Alpes (starting from Grenoble) together with some Porsche pals. Thereafter, I'm about to go for another trip to the Pyrenees. Does anyone have experinences and advices for this region? Would anyone be interested in joining me? I'm talking about cw26/19 (starting from June 23).

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If there's porkers there I would be out. Wouldn't want to be embarrassed stopping and cutting peoples hair every few miles! :P

• Haha 1

I had a great drive in my Elite across the Pyrenees in 2017 en route to the Spanish Grand Prix in Barcelona. If I'd had more time, I'd have visited Andorra. The roads I took weren't particularly fast as they were pretty windy on the mountainous bits but a great experience nonetheless. In a 3-Eleven I'm sure it would be fantastic; my advice is to start as early in the morning as you can to avoid heavy traffic. Skip breakfast - it's worth it!

Richard

Castellane to Sainte-Croix-du-Verdon over the D952 is a very nice drive,  the southern alps/verdon natural park is a nice place to drive and in between Grenoble and the south.  

I would be interested in getting your routes once you have finished planning it

Montig-les-bains to aix-les-thermes

D14 D17 D118 D25

Epic

Then.. if you have time los picos des europa

Completed my roadtrip down there in December and saw one car every two hours...admittedly it was meant to be snow season so those roads are usually closed...