free hit
counters
S4s rolling restoration project - Page 15 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

S4s rolling restoration project

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IT RUNS!!!! Chucked five litres of fuel in it and initially it wouldn't start. Was a bit slow off the mark to realise the fuel inertia switch needed resetting. Once it did start I quickly got up

Time will tell how reliable the velcro is @drdoom. It is stiched on so glue failure shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, after nearly two years and two months off the road the Esprit has finally broke

Been a mixture of mechanical and cosmetic work this past week or so. After several trial fits the rad tray is now installed for what I hope will be the final time. The new wiring loom for the fan

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I did consider that, but the VDO oil temperature gauge is a subtlely different design from the rest of the CAI gauges and the OCD in me wouldn't like seeing two different style gauges that close together if I'd put it where the boost gauge is. By doing a straight swap with the clock it's less obvious on first glance that the temperature gauge differs from the rest.

To be honest, I have fitted boost gauges in some of my other cars and having used it to check it was boosting correctly I found myself seldom looking at it after that. My personal preference is to be able to see the engine oil temperature more clearly.

When I looked at it I wasn't sure the wiring would reach to be able to swap those gauages over on mine without extending it, so it's interesting to know that it can/has been done 👍

• Like 1

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

I very rarely look at the boost gauge, too busy hanging on for that!

For me, the oil temp gauge/clock swop is the best compromise.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

2 hours ago, tomcattom said:

When I looked at it I wasn't sure the wiring would reach to be able to swap those gauages over on mine without extending it, so it's interesting to know that it can/has been done 👍

No they're not, I had to extend the wires to enable me to move them. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk