free hit
counters
S4s rolling restoration project - Page 9 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

S4s rolling restoration project

Desktop PC running W7 here, all at least 5 years old, no issues with viewing despite the shift in graphics.

Cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been a mixture of mechanical and cosmetic work this past week or so. After several trial fits the rad tray is now installed for what I hope will be the final time. The new wiring loom for the fan

Started fibreglassing in the frunk this morning. Due to the number and nature of the cracks/holes I'm going to have to do the repairs in two stages over the next few days. I've rebonded the first

Back in March 2018 I took what I hope won't prove to be a miguided chance and bought a running S4s in need of tidying up. As one of my good friends aptly described it, the car has been "thrown back to

Posted Images

As much as it pains me to have to do it the original Delco Moraine master cylinder has gone back in this evening, just got to finish setting the pedal as per the manual. Hopefully @Chillidoggy will manufacture some more of his kits in the future so I'll be able to replace it.

IMG_20200820_192041.thumb.jpg.d03dfed700628320f8559e288b8aa88a.jpg

I also got most of the way through putting the bumper back on. The paint match isn't very good, but the picture seems to make it look at lot worse than it actually is in person. Hopefully it will improve somewhat when I've wetsanded and polished it up. Not much more I can do about it now until I can find a better bumper.

IMG_20200820_191020.thumb.jpg.f8e283771c0dd490d2159f2b568eb26f.jpg

There valance needs a few minor repairs before it can go back on, but that won't stop me finishing off the oil coolers and plumbing in the radiators next.

Its starting to look more like an Esprit again 🙂

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

That’s a fantastic film of dust - I’m jealous of that 👍👍

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Don’t wash it off chap - you’ll muller the barn find value

• Haha 1

Only here once

11 hours ago, tomcattom said:

As much as it pains me to have to do it the original Delco Moraine master cylinder has gone back in this evening, just got to finish setting the pedal as per the manual. Hopefully @Chillidoggy will manufacture some more of his kits in the future so I'll be able to replace it.

IMG_20200820_192041.thumb.jpg.d03dfed700628320f8559e288b8aa88a.jpg

I also got most of the way through putting the bumper back on. The paint match isn't very good, but the picture seems to make it look at lot worse than it actually is in person. Hopefully it will improve somewhat when I've wetsanded and polished it up. Not much more I can do about it now until I can find a better bumper.

IMG_20200820_191020.thumb.jpg.f8e283771c0dd490d2159f2b568eb26f.jpg

There valance needs a few minor repairs before it can go back on, but that won't stop me finishing off the oil coolers and plumbing in the radiators next.

Its starting to look more like an Esprit again 🙂

Let me know if/when the Delco situation gets serious. I may have an option.

Margate Exotics.

Will do. I'll only know how things are when I attempt to bleed the system in the coming days/weeks.

16 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Impressive stuff, Tom. I’m interested in getting the front indicators re-chromed, but drew a blank on who can do it. In any case I never bothered removing the front bumper, after taking one look at it, and realising what a complete ball ache it would be.

I couldn't fault VMC's work. They quoted a week turnaround when I spoke to them on the phone but mine took a bit longer because they weren't happy with the finish on their first attempt so they gave them another coat, ended up taking about two weeks when you factor in the time taken for the courier to drop them off and return them too.

• 3 weeks later...