free hit
counters
Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 15 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content


IGNORED

Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!


pete

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Market seems slow at the moment doesnt it, time of year + economic conditions but lots more cars hanging around, and the price premium for 410’s seems to be slowly eroding.

I’ve been toying with whether i should move my 2020 Sport 350 on over the last week or so. Bought it from Hendy in Southampton early this year as an approved used car, had the main mods i wanted already done too AIM dash, soft top and PPF around the front end. First one they’d sold from the new dealership apparently!  I got it with best intentions of doing chunky road trips and weekends away in it as my 6th lotus after a 10yr gap. i’d wanted a v6 exige ever since they were announced, and now I’ve got one i think my requirements have changed slightly and think I’d be better served with something more GT like.  In reality I’ve been treating it like a motorbike than a serious car for travelling in. Ie. Infrequent B road blast for a couple of hours on a weekend and then back in the garage, it’s fantastic for that to be honest, all exiges drive so well.

Not sure it’s the right moment to list it for sale though, everyone’s worrying about Christmas, mortgage rates and energy bills just now. Be interesting to see what happens to the market in spring both for exige and generally with other marques too.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a good observation and one I agree with. I've said to my local Henry in Exeter that I will buy one, but most likely next year after the economy and used car market have settled down a bit. 

Feel free to send me some details if you do end up deciding to sell yours. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/12/2022 at 23:00, JohnnyMiller1000 said:

Market seems slow at the moment doesnt it, time of year + economic conditions but lots more cars hanging around, and the price premium for 410’s seems to be slowly eroding.

I’ve been toying with whether i should move my 2020 Sport 350 on over the last week or so. Bought it from Hendy in Southampton early this year as an approved used car, had the main mods i wanted already done too AIM dash, soft top and PPF around the front end. First one they’d sold from the new dealership apparently!  I got it with best intentions of doing chunky road trips and weekends away in it as my 6th lotus after a 10yr gap. i’d wanted a v6 exige ever since they were announced, and now I’ve got one i think my requirements have changed slightly and think I’d be better served with something more GT like.  In reality I’ve been treating it like a motorbike than a serious car for travelling in. Ie. Infrequent B road blast for a couple of hours on a weekend and then back in the garage, it’s fantastic for that to be honest, all exiges drive so well.

Not sure it’s the right moment to list it for sale though, everyone’s worrying about Christmas, mortgage rates and energy bills just now. Be interesting to see what happens to the market in spring both for exige and generally with other marques too.

 

410 prices are all over the place as well.

A couple of 420’s have just come up for sale at £85k which is pretty much what they cost new, so good luck with selling them. I know the last couple of stock could be had for low 80’s as I enquired about them.

There aren’t many 350’s for sale so you may sell quicker at the right price.

Personally I’d wait till next year when the weather improves and hopefully there’s a bit more certainty with the economy.
 

The one thing in our favour is that there aren’t going to be any cars built like the Exige again and so I think prices will steadily rise over time.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/12/2022 at 20:51, SW_Mike said:

It's a good observation and one I agree with. I've said to my local Henry in Exeter that I will buy one, but most likely next year after the economy and used car market have settled down a bit. 

Feel free to send me some details if you do end up deciding to sell yours. 

 

 

Agree, this is mine, I think it's crying out for a smaller front plate.... :)   I've noticed Bell and Colvill have one and the same colour in stock, slightly newer, but slightly more miles that they've listed over 62k.

I don't think I'm quite ready to sell it yet anyway, I dont really know what I want to replace it with, and its the wrong time of year.

 

5 minutes ago, HXT said:

410 prices are all over the place as well.

A couple of 420’s have just come up for sale at £85k which is pretty much what they cost new, so good luck with selling them. I know the last couple of stock could be had for low 80’s as I enquired about them.

There aren’t many 350’s for sale so you may sell quicker at the right price.

Personally I’d wait till next year when the weather improves and hopefully there’s a bit more certainty with the economy.
 

The one thing in our favour is that there aren’t going to be any cars built like the Exige again and so I think prices will steadily rise over time.

 

Agreed on all fronts, I almost bought a red 420 for low 80's and decided a 350 would be more than enough for what I wanted (road use).  - If I knew what I wanted next I'd probably list it for late £50's and see if I got any interest. PX right now seems to be circa £50k from the few I've talked to.  Some serious margin in that if the current retail prices (or near) are achievable.

Not Lotus related but another car on my list since 2008 was always the Nissan GT-R...... almost bought a year old one for £65k in 2019, same aged GT-R would be £100k now, crazy. I dont know who is paying these prices, but you can get into a lot better cars than a GT-R for £100k, or maybe you can't.  I think for now I'll sit on the sidelines and see what happens.  Still love the exige, I was just thinking of some road trips and a GT car being better suited.  I might keep the Exige and supplement it with something else "interesting" for a bit less money.  I want a V8 again before they are totally outcast and taxed even more, maybe a cheaper v8 mustang or something totally different.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought about selling my 410 and you’re right, dealers are offering rock bottom prices, time of year I guess.

I’ve found mine ok on longer distance journeys, maybe the rides just better in a 410?

I’ve had a go in a few others like a Caymen 718 GTS and Alpine but they just don’t offer the same experience or drama, so I’m going to keep mine for now or until I can no longer get in it.

Just a thought have you had a drive in a 410/420. I know someone recently p/exd their 350 for a 410.

You might get a decent deal if the 4xx fits the bill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree the 410 rides better, you'd hope so on those lovely Nitrons :)  Thats not the issue for me though, I've found the exige a very solitary experience, the other half doesn't like travelling in it, comfort/space/noise etc.  so its become a bit like owning a motorbike in that regard, its fine as long as its just me....  I want us to do some European road trips, hence looking at something else.  I knew this before I got the exige, but I just had to scratch the V6 Exige itch I've had since the moment they came out 10 or so years back.

I'll come back to it in spring I think and see what the market is doing generally. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the correct geometry settings dialled in my 410 has that mercurial lotus magic carpet ride.  It floats over all. It the worst roads.  I’ve done 16k miles in 3 years from new. I’ve done a handful of 1k - 2k road trips and spent many a day in the car for 8-10 hours and it’s always been fabulous.  That said it too is predominantly a solo-ride for me. Very motorbike. But that’s fine… it’s not a family taxi. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wondering where the market is at for exige final editions, more specifically the 390. if anyone has data points would be extremely helpful! considering the last of its kind, increasing new sports car prices and car shortage in general, i'd imagine prices to be very strong. any input appreciated, thanks in advance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, delta3 said:

Wondering where the market is at for exige final editions, more specifically the 390. if anyone has data points would be extremely helpful! considering the last of its kind, increasing new sports car prices and car shortage in general, i'd imagine prices to be very strong. any input appreciated, thanks in advance!

I almost bought one with very few miles this time last year, azure blue from a place in Scunthorpe, but I deliberated too long and it sold. it was up for £69k as I recall.  I don't think theres much data on the 390 certainly in the uk because I don't there were that many made. howmanyleft.co.uk indicates there are currently 27 cars registered, I don't imagine many have changed hands....

6 hours ago, jimichanga said:

Funny watching you lot trying to talk Exige prices down while Emira thread is trying desperately to talk them up! I’m guessing a lot have told their other halves that their Emira is going to be an investment, she’s probably booked the holiday already! 😆

I think the idea of paying over list for an Emira is ludicrous personally, it's not like it's a limited run or hard to even place an order car like a Porsche GT product, just wait it out and save the ££'s.  I see one on collecting cars went for 80 odd rather than the 105k being asked on Autotrader, which isnt quite so bad, but you've still got to really want one right now to be paying that in my view.  At least the Exige isnt being made anymore, so there is a reasonable chance of that alone keeping prices up for good examples, I don't think the Emira is a competing product either really so that doesn't hurt it really....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe they just want one?

Just because you wouldn't and prefer your Evora doesn't make it wrong for other people to spend their money where they like. Kids spend £1,400 on phones nowadays which will be worth £200 12 months later, spending a relatively small amount extra on a car because they can doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't.

  • Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JohnnyMiller1000 said:

I almost bought one with very few miles this time last year, azure blue from a place in Scunthorpe, but I deliberated too long and it sold. it was up for £69k as I recall.  I don't think theres much data on the 390 certainly in the uk because I don't there were that many made. howmanyleft.co.uk indicates there are currently 27 cars registered, I don't imagine many have changed hands....

I think the idea of paying over list for an Emira is ludicrous personally, it's not like it's a limited run or hard to even place an order car like a Porsche GT product, just wait it out and save the ££'s.  I see one on collecting cars went for 80 odd rather than the 105k being asked on Autotrader, which isnt quite so bad, but you've still got to really want one right now to be paying that in my view.  At least the Exige isnt being made anymore, so there is a reasonable chance of that alone keeping prices up for good examples, I don't think the Emira is a competing product either really so that doesn't hurt it really....

Actually went all in for almost £90k significantly more than £80 odd 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

said 84500 when I looked, it was a yellow one? never looked at collecting cars fees, but that would be mad if there was a £5k fee on top

Edit: to add that I just looked into collecting cars and discovered the "buyers premium" it is literally bonkers.  The buyer pays 7.2% on top of the auction price, doesn't even include storage or transport of the vehicle..... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

I’ve been looking into an Exige as I have a deposit on an Emira which Lotus seem incapable of delivering. I’m tempted by this one at Silverstone - wondering if it’s a known car on here. Also not sure if a 410 is worth the increase in asking price? https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/vehicle-details/Lotus-Exige-U418/

 

I know it’s not a GT car, but I’ve seen a few videos and reviews of guys saying it’s not “that bad” on a long trip. Have any of you had experience of taking these on longer Euro trips? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/all-used-cars/used-lotus/lotus-exige-sport-380-70th-anniversary-edition_mx18kdf.          Took my exige to zandervoot and spa non stop without any problem and I am in my seventies. If your first exige I would have thought a 350 sport would be plenty quick enough and considerably cheaper

  • Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just seems to be a lack of 350s on the market at the moment. Besides the red one and B&C which doesn’t seem great value next to the blue 380 at Silverstone. 
 

Good to hear that you felt the long trips weren’t a drama! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

If anyone knows of an Exige 410 (anniversary) or 420 come to market direct or via a car dealer, feel free to drop me a DM. Also if there are any good platforms to keep an eye on, please share. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...