free hit
counters
IPS Upgrade - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Came across this on the BOE site:

https://www.boefab.com/collections/evora/products/evora-ips-shift-performance-kit

Not heard of BOE personally. Shame it is US based as import duties and fitting costs may make it uneconomical.

Out of interest, are there any other aftermarket kits to improve the IPS so that it gets closer to 400 territory - not that I find the IPS that bad now that I am more used to it?

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can confirm that we will install this kit on the Exige during the next weeks. I will provide you a feedback.

Came across this on the BOE site: https://www.boefab.com/collections/evora/products/evora-ips-shift-performance-kit Not heard of BOE personally. Shame it is US based as import duties and fit

Yes, he did. It’s all in ‘his’ thread:  

BOE seem well respected in the US, I had one of the CAI fitted to my car and it was a nice, well designed bit of kit.

I'd guess with shipping and import you are looking at about £1000 for the part plus £800 in labour, not an insignificant amount of money but people spend more on exhausts ;)

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, paranoidandroid said:

Is the auto on the 400 a different box or just a software update on the S1 IPS?

I understand it is the same box, but some different hardware, as well as software.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

On 24/01/2019 at 09:57, Bomber133 said:

Shame it is US based as import duties and fitting costs may make it uneconomical.

From a read of the description sounds like the kit contains some hardware but also their intellectual property in knowing what and how to make modifications to the existing box.

You could maybe ask them too split the two and price up the hardware and IP separately.  If the hardware comes in significantly cheaper than the IP then you wouldn't have to pay as much on the import duties as you only need to ship the hardware.  The IP can be emailed across.

Dunno if that will work  ... just a possibility to ask about? 

• 1 year later...
On 29/01/2019 at 19:04, geartox said:

I can confirm that we will install this kit on the Exige during the next weeks. I will provide you a feedback.

Geartox. Did you ever fit this? Any feedback?