free hit
counters
Fuses - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I replaced my fuse box to a blade style and want to get some new fuses. The old fuse boxes had quite an assortment including a 50amp fuse which I am sure can’t be right. The lotus notes say that all circuits are 17amp except fuse no 1 which is 5 amp. Does this sound correct? 17 amp blade fuses don’t seem to exist so what do I use? 15amp or 20 amp? I have no owners manual which presumably lists the fuses  could anyone enlighten me please?

thanks

nic  

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wow, does your Esprit have glass-tube fuses?  Our '88 already has the blade type.

UK glass tube fuses were rated by peak amperage.  The '17A' type probably said '35A' on them. A 20 amp modern fuse (continuous rating) in the 17A spots would work fine.  I'd put a 10A in the 5A spot. (Since my car is newer I don't know how yours was wired, might be different for your car anyway.)

14 hours ago, nic996 said:

I replaced my fuse box to a blade style and want to get some new fuses. The old fuse boxes had quite an assortment including a 50amp fuse which I am sure can’t be right. The lotus notes say that all circuits are 17amp except fuse no 1 which is 5 amp. Does this sound correct? 17 amp blade fuses don’t seem to exist so what do I use? 15amp or 20 amp? I have no owners manual which presumably lists the fuses  could anyone enlighten me please?

thanks

nic  

What type of aftermarket fuse box did you use as a replacement? I have been looking for a nicely finished one that would fit in the same area. If you had a photo of your fusebox install it would be great. Thanks

Thanks for the advice Carbuff  

I will post a picture when it’s done. I bought a fuse box from eBay in Germany and I’m not 100% happy with it. I just ordered a modular type unit with mini blade fuses and micro relays from car builder solutions. I moulded a glass Fibre glove box and will fit it all in when I’m done. It was not so simple to be honest. 

Finally fitted my fuse box. I made a solid glovebox too. Still have to wire it all up of course but it’s really compact and I made it easier to access  I don’t put much in glove boxes so I don’t mind that it’s no longer at the side  

For anyone who needs any fuse info, the glass fuses I had fitted are in fact continuous rated type fuses. I moved house a few years back and just discovered my handbook that goes with the car and it states in there that they are continuous rated fuses albeit the glass tube type. They are all rated at 17A except for fuse 8 which is 5A. 

EE630235-62D0-46BE-B4E6-5067322558A7.jpeg

Looks great  Nick   :thumbup:    A very mod for the G Esprit,  Another thing that would temp me to change to the blade type, would be to fit those blade fuses that light up the fuse has blown :)

Any joy on your wheels yet ?