free hit
counters
S2 Eclat Auto Gear Box Lever - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Nut

S2 Eclat Auto Gear Box Lever

Hi to all,

Car is a S2 Éclat auto, while putting the dash back in I have managed to pull the gear lever back through the gate and have pulled the two front screws that hold the gate down to the transmission tunnel, the gate now moves when I change gear. Any one got any details of what I can expect when I remove the two back screws and lift the gate up, do the fixing screws just go into the fibre glass or are there fixings of some type or other. How is  the gear lever connected to the gear box, same manner as the manual or some sort of linkage affair.

Best regards to all

John

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Oooh, another auto, is it a 504 then. Not sure about the mountings John. I would need to take the cover of my one to have a look and see. Have you a manual.

Don't know about the fixings; I'd imagine the lever mechanism is attached to the chassis rather than the body though. The lever operates a cable that runs to the gearbox. Nice and simple!

Richard

Have just spent the last hour reading the manual, which has almost no detail in on the gear selector other than reference to the selector rod connecting to the side of the gearbox.

The Service Parts List book however does have a good plate FD, showing the auto box. the gate assembly appears to fix to the transmission tunnel rather than the chassis. hopefully the assembly comes out in one piece or  I can move it enough to get to the fixings.

Regards to all john

Hi to all, ended up making a bracket to extend the existing fixings away from the gear stick assembly. Bracket on left below.

You can just see it below, under the radio aperture, problem resolved.  Used one of the lower fixings and drilled a couple of new fixings into the too of the transmission tunnel.   

Regards to all John

20190207_203025.jpg

20190206_125551.jpg