free hit
counters
Dellorto Strip Down Video - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
gtookey

Dellorto Strip Down Video

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

gtookey: Thank-You so much for posting this. I wish I would have tried this instead of paying someone who took 6 hours to rebuild both carbs. He admitted that he spent 4 hours learning on the first one, and only needed 2 hours on the second one, but had no problem charging me for the full 6 hours of labor, wow! What a business sense lol.

Anyway I took off my intake manifold along with the carbs in one piece for ease. My question is do you know where to get the intake manifold gasket here in the U.S. as that did not come in the rebuild kit. 

Many thanks, Lee

JAE or RD Enterprises will have them, about $10. Probably a good time also to replace the O rings on the carb side of the manifold too.

Cheers, Gavin

Note on the turbo carbs there are O ring seals on the butterfly shafts. These should be replaced as they seal air/fuel in under boost.

The accelerator pump diaphragm is different for non-turbo and turbo carbs. SJ are supplying the same one which is wrong, Eurocarbs have the correct one and the seals.

• Like 1