free hit
counters
"JPS Lotus" liveried Haas F1 for 2019 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LotusLeftLotusRight

"JPS Lotus" liveried Haas F1 for 2019

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Boring and the Haas and Peak logo which are supposed to be silver look very white to me...

Still a change to the normal cars you see on the line up though imo,  Just very sad the F1 cars have no appeal to me these days.  They should put all all the 80s F1 cars back on the circuit and race them propely,  they could pretty much charge as much as they like for tickets, make plenty of money of the tv and sky sponsership at the same time.  

Just one race to begin with in the summer time to see what crowds it pulls in, i am sure it would be a sell out  :thumbup:

• Like 2

A

1 hour ago, silverfrost said:

They should put all all the 80s F1 cars back on the circuit and race them propely,  they could pretty much charge as much as they like for tickets, make plenty of money of the tv and sky sponsership at the same time.  

Just one race to begin with in the summer time to see what crowds it pulls in, i am sure it would be a sell out  :thumbup:

‘They’ already do:

http://www.mastershistoricracing.com/historic-formula-1/championship/

• Like 1

How serious is the racing though ?    are they thrashing the machines or just driving quickly and been very gentlmanly to protect the expensive classics ? 

I am talking blown engines, crashed cars and sheer adrenalin drivers :whistle: 

A

I’ve never seen one of the Masters races but if it’s anything like the Revival meeting, then it is proper racing - blown engines, armco and all. 

• Like 1

This launch reminded me of something else besides the JPS colours. Unknown brand - mysterious Sponsor owner ..............ok not quite the Albert Hall but still a glamorous London location. He has a better beard than David Thieme though :P Guenther Steiner even grew antlers............

XPB_972696_1200px-725x500.jpg

Edited by nello
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, silverfrost said:

How serious is the racing though ?    are they thrashing the machines or just driving quickly and been very gentlmanly to protect the expensive classics ? 

I am talking blown engines, crashed cars and sheer adrenalin drivers :whistle: 

When I had my visit to CLT a whilst back I asked about that, and they told me that some of the new owners are within less than a second of the actual F1 lap times of the period. So I'd say they are being raced hard.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

On 09/02/2019 at 22:36, nello said:

This launch reminded me of something else besides the JPS colours. Unknown brand - mysterious Sponsor owner ..............ok not quite the Albert Hall but still a glamorous London location. He has a better beard than David Thieme though :P Guenther Steiner even grew antlers............

XPB_972696_1200px-725x500.jpg

Always wanted to see what one of the members fromm ZZ TOP looked like without the hat and sunglasses lol

• Like 2

A

I think it must be your photo Michael - there's a fair bit of Yellow on the Renault still - 

Image result for renault f1 2019

Anyone else been following the latest 'goings'-on' with Haas and Rich Energy?  Seems William Storey the drinks company CEO really is like David Thieme in more ways than one!

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/status/1148994221686370304

Edited by nello

i still haven't seen the product they say they have for sale anywhere and Mtl does host a GP...

i read them, but as everything the jalops do I take with a bit of salt... Still Rich energy  head honcho is shady A.F.

HAAS are a funny old machine tool company.

They have a depot in Norwich and their machines are stored and delivered from an address 200 yards from my factory.

Their rep always comes and sees me but I just dont rate their machines. I bought my last machine from Hurco in High Wycombe.

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777