Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Replacement Brake Pads - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Replacement Brake Pads

I am sure this must be covered somewhere in the forum but could not find

Anyway thinking of replacing the pads on my Cup 430 either with the stock pads but not sure what they are, perhaps  or some slightly more track focussed.

Thoughts appreciated 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've finished a set of original pads and now almost finished a set of Ferodo DS2500 (equivalent to the original compound, if not exactly the same). Have a set of Ferodo DS Uno front and DS1.11 rear waiting to be put in closer to the spring time. These are motorsport compound and I had a very good experience with DS Uno before in other car - very curious to see what these will be like in Exige.

Edited by vd9

Performance Friction PF08 are superb, especially paired with floating discs. Really nice progression, don't squeal on the road and great stopping when hot on track.

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/braking/brake-pads/performace-friction/performance-friction-front-brake-pads-exige-v6-evora

1 hour ago, W31SSN said:

Performance Friction PF08 are superb, especially paired with floating discs. Really nice progression, don't squeal on the road and great stopping when hot on track.

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/braking/brake-pads/performace-friction/performance-friction-front-brake-pads-exige-v6-evora

I second these from my use of them on other cars. Mine did always squeal on the road though if not used heavily for a while.

Also cold bite is not great on the road, they need a stop or two to get to their operating temp.

Edited by k20Rob

On 13/02/2019 at 11:35, k20Rob said:

I second these from my use of them on other cars. Mine did always squeal on the road though if not used heavily for a while.

Also cold bite is not great on the road, they need a stop or two to get to their operating temp.

Got to say, even when using in icy conditions I’ve never had a problem with them stopping well from cold.

Much more powerful pad than whatever Lotus use in the 430 Cup 

6 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Got to say, even when using in icy conditions I’ve never had a problem with them stopping well from cold.

Much more powerful pad than whatever Lotus use in the 430 Cup 

Yes exactly why I’m not going Oem. The PFC pads do seem pretty impressive 

• 2 months later...

Just an update, I got the PFC08 pads for the front. They're great so far but I also never had issues with the OEM pads. I've used them on the road so far (maybe around 2,000km) and on two track days. The PFC08's do squeak, not too bad though and not all the time. definitely bearable. I think I'll be ordering them for the rear as well.