free hit
counters
350 tweaks and mods - Page 6 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

350 tweaks and mods

MrP_

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
21 minutes ago, alias23 said:

@MrP_ awesome work buddy! Love the routing work... the paintings a real ball ache isn't it! Takes ages and soo much paint to get a nice smooth finish which doesn't show the grain.

If you've found a short cut on the painting let me know :)

Cheers mate, completely agree on hiding the grain! Without doubt that took the time.
Shortcut wise, erm not really it’s a bloody slow process that eats paint 😂 Closest to a short cut I’ve found is plenty of spray putty, wet sand it back then epoxy and flat that before spraying. Sprayer then had a simple job, but didn’t save me much time. It’s  a thankless task however you do it!

1 hour ago, MrP_ said:

Cheers mate, completely agree on hiding the grain! Without doubt that took the time.
Shortcut wise, erm not really it’s a bloody slow process that eats paint 😂 Closest to a short cut I’ve found is plenty of spray putty, wet sand it back then epoxy and flat that before spraying. Sprayer then had a simple job, but didn’t save me much time. It’s  a thankless task however you do it!

Hear the pain buddy... it cracks me up when folks just say ‘it’s just wood’... we’ll not entirely as it seems to take days to get painted right. Great job really impressive

• Thanks 1

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Hear the pain buddy... it cracks me up when folks just say ‘it’s just wood’... we’ll not entirely as it seems to take days to get painted right. Great job really impressive

Should give people some idea if they don't see where the cost goes making 'em. And if anyones in the market for one, it's far easier to got the @alias23 version especially as its much cheaper than the alternatives - unless you really want to play around making your own :) 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@Joseph Antabi

Are you serious?! You quoted the worlds longest post to ask what tape he used? 

Read this and pay attention to it please...

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/109591-quoting-posts/  

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

3 minutes ago, Bibs said:

@Joseph Antabi

Are you serious?! You quoted the worlds longest post to ask what tape he used? 

Read this and pay attention to it please...

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/109591-quoting-posts/  

Excuse me, I didn't know what was going to happen, is there a way to erase it?

• Like 1

I'll do it for you. Please just use the reply box rather than the quote button. You've quoted my post there which you really don't need to do! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

So anyway, quote politics aside... 

@Joseph Antabi Tape is 3m 9088, I use 12mm wide but it’s in various sizes it just works for that particular trim.

For refixing the 380/430 lip, the 19mm works well.

I buy from RS components in the UK, as there are so many fakes of 3M products out there and RS only sell genuine stuff even if you can save a few pence elsewhere.

VHB is also suitable, but it’s 2mm thick so I prefer not to use it. But many have and it works well

• Like 1