free hit
counters
3rd Cat Deletion - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Can anyone confirm if the deletion of the 3rd cat on a NA Evora worth the effort and where is the best place to get the replacement pipe ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By all accounts it does make a difference as it removes some unneeded restriction but I did mine same time as backbox so hard to quantify.  I think I have one knocking around in the garage if the new

As a few people have messaged me, Scott did take the Decat, my garage is slightly emptier and a charity has received a generous donation.     

I just had a 2bular decat pipe fitted to my Launch Edition yesterday by PJS Lotus. As the Lotus Stage 1 backbox had to come off for a support rod weld repair, I had the third cat removed. I definitely

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

ive just done mine this weekend...    i have the sport back box already..   noticeable difference (better)   if i didnt have the sports back box already i woud have got the tubular back box with the decat pipe in place , that sounds really good.  (Although £800)  this still keepe the the front two decat  pipes.. i heard this on @m6arks car at the weekend..

it straight forward enough but i had to grind off 4 diffuser bolts due to the hex heads rounding off..

• Like 1

I'd say 3rd cat deletion is worth it.  I've been to a couple meet ups and my Evora seemed to sound a bit louder and have more crackles in the overrun than some other cars.  As far as I was aware I had the standard sports exhaust on my car but found out on the weekend when I had my diffuser off that the cat was missing and replaced with a straight pipe.  I guess this is the reason my car sounds different to other NA cars?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

3rd cat delete, is literally replacing the CAT converter with a section of pipe with some flanges.  If 2bular don’t have one then I’d just try any local exhaust place.  It’s not rocket science and any exhaust fabricator should be able to make that up.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@EuropaSman looking at your pics made me realise there was something off about my car .... For some wierd reason the clip in NACA ducts on the undertray were on the outside. So fixed tonight again TLF has helpful info it doesn't realise it has 😁 

• Like 1

Stage 1 Janspeed exhaust and decat is a great combination for a NA Evora.

This thread has prompted me to consider doing mine. It’s already had the Intake kit on it - so I’ve just got the torch out and had a peek underneath the tray - 3rd cat delete pipe already present :guitar:

• Like 1

Only here once

I've got two cats that I want to delete........

Oh wait. Wrong topic. That comment should be in the Caturday topic.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.