free hit
counters
Replacement Carpets - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can help me with some carpet advice.

I'm replacing the carpets in my 1982 Turbo Esprit and have been looking at the Coverdale website. Unfortunately they only list Esprit carpets to suit 1988-1992 models:

https://www.carcarpets.co.uk/lotus-esprit-1988-to-1992-carpet-set---blenheim-range-41992-p.asp

Email communication with Coverdale has been hard work but they did reply once to say that they have a pattern for a "Lotus Esprit S3 which was taken from a 1983 model" and they sent me a rough looking hand drawn sketch of that pattern. That sounds like it would be correct for my car but I'm a bit worried that the pattern looked so rough!

Has anyone else ordered carpets for a series 3 Turbo Esprit and can they suggest where I might find the most accurate cuts? I'm just after plain black as per the original spec. If there's a supplier other than Coverdale that might be better then I'd be keen to check it out. I'm in Australia so it doesn't matter where it is, as long as they can ship!

Thanks,
Keir

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Another recommendation for @Steve V8 Full set of carpets for interior and boot in the production line for me too.

(And I'm in Auckland NZ, so shipping not an issue)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Keir said:

1982 Turbo Esprit

Best vintage :thumbsup:

If my carpets looked that good, I wouldn't fit my seats to the car either! 😵 😁

Coverdale do the handbrake gaiter and the slots for the seatbelts completely wrongly. Useless. Steve sounds like the man!