free hit
counters
380 Cup Service Schedule and Costs 😳​​​​​​​ - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
mark248am

380 Cup Service Schedule and Costs 😳​​​​​​​

Recommended Posts

I just took my Cup in for the 10,000KM service I got the full service schedule for it along with the cost of how much each service is gonna cost me and all I can think is wtf. According to the schedule, the cheapest service costs KD525 which is around 1,350GBP or 1,500 Euros. The biggest chunk of that cost goes to the "Manual Transmission Inline Filter" which for some reason needs to be changed at every service. Why?

Am I the only one that thinks paying at least 1,500 euros every 10,000KM is over the top? The prices in the excel sheet below are in KWD so multiply by 2.92 for Euros and 2.57 for pounds.

 

 

cup.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nothing like that in the UK for sure....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£ouch! Does seem ridiculous but with the Cup cars they are assuming that you are ragging the hell out of them on track and on a regular basis. Does the 380 Cup have a gearbox cooler? Can't think of any other reason why a filter would be fitted and I think there's one on the 430 Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what a KWD is, but the official service interval for the Exige S/350 V6 is 15.000 km. Is that different for the 380 ?  Costs around 500-600 euros. 

Not got the 3+3+3 package from your dealer ? 3 years warranty and 3 free services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done full service two times so far and there was no such thing as transmission filter. Sport 350

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ArthouseCompany said:

I don't know what a KWD is, but the official service interval for the Exige S/350 V6 is 15.000 km. Is that different for the 380 ?  Costs around 500-600 euros. 

Not got the 3+3+3 package from your dealer ? 3 years warranty and 3 free services.

I got 1+0, 1 year warranty 0 free service

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, vd9 said:

I've done full service two times so far and there was no such thing as transmission filter. Sport 350

350 doesnt have a gearbox oil cooler. So no oil filter

380 does have oil cooler with a filter in the system.

I Kno that supplier to lotus of these filters. Will ask for prices etc

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The transmission filter is replace at 54,000 miles / 6 year service interval.

Note that on the Lotus baffled sump, as fitted to the 380 etc, the sump baffles are scheduled to be replaced every 2 years.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoke to service guys today, they're now saying the cost of the MT Inline Filter is around 160 british pounds which is still a lot to change every 10K but more doable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mark248am said:

they're now saying the cost of the MT Inline Filter is around 160 british pounds

That just looks dodgy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/02/2019 at 14:09, Hangar 111 said:

The transmission filter is replace at 54,000 miles / 6 year service interval.

Note that on the Lotus baffled sump, as fitted to the 380 etc, the sump baffles are scheduled to be replaced every 2 years.

Dave

I really wonder why they would ever need replacement?  (the baffles)

Edited by Waky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/04/2019 at 09:59, Waky said:

I really wonder why they would ever need replacement?  (the baffles)

Are they plastic flaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One question: during a service, a part from the above do they do something else?

Since I use the car on track I actually follow shorter intervals for oil change (3000-4000 km), and brake oil every year. What about the rest.. should I also do more frequent? And what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...