free hit
counters
Built in Hethel, finished in Mendig - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Built in Hethel, finished in Mendig

The restaurant is Italian, Adriano Vulcano and the Hotel is Hotel Laacher Lay, Bahnstraße 66, 56743 Mendig, next door to each other. Then its a 10 minute walk to KT.

Hotel is on Booking.Com

cheers

Mark

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 month later...
On 11/12/2019 at 21:14, Mark030358 said:

The restaurant is Italian, Adriano Vulcano and the Hotel is Hotel Laacher Lay, Bahnstraße 66, 56743 Mendig, next door to each other. Then its a 10 minute walk to KT.

Hotel is on Booking.Com

cheers

Mark

Thanks for the tip Mark!

34FBB67D-0B2E-46F2-B2C3-09727BB6E8BD.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/12/2019 at 21:14, Mark030358 said:

Hotel is on Booking.Com

cheers

Mark

That is about the only decent hotel in Mendig.🛌.

On the other hand, the better place to eat (and drink house beer) is Vulkan Brauerei: https://g.page/VulkanBrauerei?share

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• 1 year later...

Gas struts fitted to carbon deck. So anyone else wanting to do the same I'll share what I did.

1) Measure 22.5" from the top of the deck (outside of the hinge) down the cabon channel and pencil mark.

2) Get two off aluminium 6mm ID threaded ball studs (SGS link here https://www.sgs-engineering.com/x2-ball-extension)

3) Get a packet of rivnuts, I used aluminium instead of steel. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rivnuts-Aluminium-Cylindrical-Grooved-Flat-Head-M4-M10/253962168034?var=553283995893

4) Put a small pilot drill through, the a 9mm on for the final size.

5) use a home made rivnut tool and tighten up.

6) Fit struts, jobs a carrot and works really well.

cheers

Mark

IMG_0328.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

After adding the deck and the 380 Cup wing I got some info relating to body supports that compensate for the extra force applied to the body. These brackets add strength to stop flexing if not fitted you may stand a chance of splitting the body as I think Imran did. They attach to the body using the reverse light/fog light fixing bolts.

These are a Lotus part, available from your favourite parts dealer, although one is on back order,

cheers

IMG_0443.jpeg

IMG_0444.jpeg