free hit
counters
loud squeek using clutch - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MARTIN_S

loud squeek using clutch

When I depress the clutch pedal there is a loud squeak. Having seen other reports I got some silicon lubricant and prepared to get under the dash and spray around the upper pedal bush area

but it seems to be coming from under the rear engine area nearer the clutch itself.

I assume its an under tray off job to get at the clutch connections, but any other suggestions welcome

Thanks

Martin S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Have you sprayed the pedal anyway? Solved the problem on my V6, and I need to do it on the 400 as I've got a similar squeak at the moment.

Will do Monday but when in the foot well pressing the pedal the noise seems to be clearly coming from behind passenger seat area, so I'm assuming its the other end of the clutch system.

Martin S

Pedal area and bushes all oiled but the squeak is definitely from the clutch area it self. Anyone got any pictures to show whets where so I can figure out how to get to it and lube it up.

Thanks

Martin S

Mine does exactly the same, although after its warmed up properly it seems to go away (takes a while). As soon as its cooled down its back.