free hit
counters
2019 Race Retro - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
USAndretti42

2019 Race Retro

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My first time at Race Retro today.  Hall 4 (mainly auto jumble) was a bit reminiscent of the old Lotus Parts fairs held there about 20 or so years ago.  I even saw some M100 rear lights!  The rest was in more modern buildings with what seemed to me an odd eclectic mix of racing stuff and "lifestyle" stands.  Is that essential learning from Goodwood? -  (Ladies clothes stands, teak furniture, glasses cleaners....)  A few great cars to gawp at but have to say overall I was underwhelmed.  Sat for half an hour with a coffee watching Harry Garage on my phone doing the Silverstone Auction highlights as it was another £15 (on top of the £22 entry) to get in their part.  2.5 hour run up there with no issues.  4.5 run home with most of the M5 in car park mode.  Good to have experienced what they have to offer...but I wont be going again.