free hit
counters
Coming back to Lotus - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Smapmap

Coming back to Lotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congrats! Beautiful car .. you wont be disappointed.

• Like 1

Thanks Stuart - can't wait :)

The colour is a bit loud for my tastes but I'm getting used to it lol.

Manual. Shift seemed good - tight and positive feeling. 👍

• Like 2

Fab looking. I noted this on Pistonheads and thought it quite a late normally aspirated Evora. I think they have a grey one also?

I love my 2010 NA Evora and I am sure you will too. Beautiful to look at, fab cabin and sensational drive.

Justin 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jep said:

Fab looking. I noted this on Pistonheads and thought it quite a late normally aspirated Evora. I think they have a grey one also?

I love my 2010 NA Evora and I am sure you will too. Beautiful to look at, fab cabin and sensational drive.

Justin 

Yeah I think the grey one (with 18k on it) went last week actually

2 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Welcome back, Michael. :welcome:

That’s a great choice of colour combo, btw. ;)

cheers mate

28 minutes ago, au-yt said:

Welcome back, I know the feeling having strayed to the Italian and German camps but escaped and returned, the EVORA is the best car have ever driven, you wont be dissapointed

I had the pleasure of spending 10 years driving people carriers lol. Actually the s-max is brilliant

• Like 1

I had an Ardent Red 2010 NA. That Sir, is a peach of a car and in my humble opinion one at the sweet spot of the Evora S1 range.  The SR racer spec and the NA engine will be an absolute awesome package. If I can recommend one upgrade it would be a set of 2bular headers and a sport cat to replace the OEM ones but connected to your current exhaust.  It releases the mid-range and adds a wonderful noise and set of pops and gurgles on the over run.

The radio reception is most likely due to a poor earthing of the aerial I believe but any ICE shop should be able to provide an upgraded aerial and booster for you.

Superb choice and congratulations.

• Love 1

Thanks Andy - I'll defo look at exhaust upgrades. Thanks for the tip. I'll ask Leven to double check the earthing - the fact I can't get anything makes me think it's a technical rather than reception issue. In the meantime I'll just stream via bluetooth from my phone :)

The Evora looks so good from every angle, but especially top down!

IMG_20190304_121105.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm hoping to follow you shortly with the exact same car. I had an Evora S IPS for 2 years and an Elise for 7 before that. Despite being away from the brand for a few years nothing makes me want a car more than Lotus. Watch this space...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frimley111R said:

I'm hoping to follow you shortly with the exact same car. I had an Evora S IPS for 2 years and an Elise for 7 before that. Despite being away from the brand for a few years nothing makes me want a car more than Lotus. Watch this space...

About time you got a proper car again.

:driving:

• Like 1

Regards radio reception I have had this head unit fitted to my Evora, with a DAB aerial, geat upgrade for £300 comes with Apple CarPlay, which means google apps apple maps and lots more, obviously helps if you use a iPhone. 

pioneer da130dab

6EE45B3D-20C8-446B-A478-65D37B8E548B.jpeg

E2F67702-39EC-4766-B0AD-7BD5C4C7DCD6.jpeg

• Like 1

I had the next HU pioneer installed a few months ago made huge improvement over already upgraded Clarion unit 

also upgraded the sub / amp again helped overall improvement 

I think the Evora looks great from the overhead perspective as a budding photographer I like to take some more pictures from that same angle but using some daylight ?

2 hours ago, Bruss said:

About time you got a proper car again.

:driving:

Indeed. TBH after 9 years I needed something different and Lotus didn't (still don't) have anything they didn't have as far back as 2009. The Megane RS265 was nice but big and heavy and the Megane R26 is a brilliant little hot hatchback that costs pennies and is as rapid across country as anything but it'd be nice to have something nicer to drive about in too and so it'll be a red SR in a few weeks/couple of months. I looked at lots of different cars but none were a Lotus. Looking forward to it, just got to get the house move done and I'll be there....

• Like 1