free hit
counters
First world problem (but please help) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
RedViper

First world problem (but please help)

I have a small stone stuck between two of the panels on my car and can’t figure out how to get it out without damaging something. I have tried flicking it with a wooden toothpick but no joy. 

Anyone else had this prob? 

6F4EBB1E-34CD-45C3-AE08-9BBC04ED8EEB.jpeg

• Sad 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Perhaps a towel or strong cloth to protect the paint, and use a screwdriver to gently move the panels apart by a fraction so the stone pops out. WD40 may assist. I add that I have not had this problem, so just a suggestion not an Edd China 'top tip'. 

Justin

I can't imagine that got there from driving, but there you go.

Have you tried undoing the clam bolts on that side to see if you can get enough movement to get it out?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I’ve no idea how to undo the clam bolts so was hoping to try and avoid doing that but will if I can’t figure out a better way. 

Not sure how it would get there if it wasn’t through driving. 

Paint it gold and leave it in there. Someone will get it out for you for free!

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I got that many times. Gently press the panels and a screwdriver with microfiber will do the job.

I’d suggest not using a screwdriver and instead use a plastic trim tool as you’re a lot less likely to get a serious scratch if things go wrong...

30 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

I’d suggest not using a screwdriver and instead use a plastic trim tool as you’re a lot less likely to get a serious scratch if things go wrong...

Something like this? Cheers 

4EE55E52-B91E-4978-ABDA-98241042155A.png

(microfiber around the screwdriver of course 😱)

Had this on my Cup 250, the 048’s through up so many stones. It’s like a little channel between the clam parts from the wheel well. I used a tywrap to push the stones back while tapping the panel by hand. If they are sticky with tar a little WD40 will loosen then. A bit of tape or blob of RTV at the wheel well stops it. 

1 hour ago, Alan H said:

Had this on my Cup 250, the 048’s through up so many stones. It’s like a little channel between the clam parts from the wheel well. I used a tywrap to push the stones back while tapping the panel by hand. If they are sticky with tar a little WD40 will loosen then. A bit of tape or blob of RTV at the wheel well stops it. 

Ah right so the stones are actually coming from the inside to the out so I want to push it back in rather than pulling it out?

Yes. Well that’s the only explanation I could come up with for how the big stones got  in there.😊

16 hours ago, RedViper said:

Ah right so the stones are actually coming from the inside to the out so I want to push it back in rather than pulling it out?

More likely they're from tha car that was nxt to you, perhaps a truck.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Not uncommon at all. I've probably got a couple still in there, because track car and all that.

• Haha 1