free hit
counters
Analogue speedo off by about 10mph - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Phlissy

Analogue speedo off by about 10mph

So, as per the subject really! I noticed this morning that the analogue speedo in my Evora 400 is reading a good 10mph or so more than the digital one. GPS confirms that the digital one is correct (as much as they ever are!). Is this a known 'feature'? I've done a quick search and couldn't find much. ...which is usually a cue for someone to share many, many links to other posts, showing how inept I am at searching. 😆

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The Speedo on my S does something similar although, frustratingly, it is only intermittent. The key is if the speedo needle hasn’t reset to ‘0’ when the car is either off or stationary. 

It is possible to reset the cluster but it takes a bit of patience. Once the car is switched off, you’ll need to wait 20-30 seconds. I think that the lights on the cluster will then turn off. If you then open the door, the cluster will then go through a self reset procedure and normally reset to ‘0’. However, I’ve no idea if this will work on a 400 though!

Is this possibly a quirk if not letting the dials do their full sweep back and forth when switching on the car? 

Is the sweep some sort of calibration? 

I've not seen this personally - mine reads pretty accurately - but I did pose a similar theory to Jonnyboy HERE when he stated that his 410 was geared to do 85mph in 2nd.