free hit
counters
Hello from us and our new addition - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hello from us and our new addition

003a

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome! 

It's the car from Top Gear and it goes underwater! 

Send me my fiver please :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Those files would be great. Always liked that image. 

Ps I see you have the IKEA Death Star light. My daughter has that in her room as well 😁

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

• Gold FFM

I too @003a would also like the files please for my study and garage walls. Not fussed about the shade though 😂🤣

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Welcome to TLF Daron. :welcome:

I was going to go with, "It was driven by Jeremy (but the wing threw me a little bit) and it REALLY wants to be able to go underwater.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Welcome to the forum and what a great car.....are you still picking grass out of its underbelly? 

Myself and @Bibs went to the filming of that episode!!

Lastly, My dads a car designer and Engineer, maybe he knew your Grandad? 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

@ramjet, yep the wing was a recent addition by the previous owner as was the black roof. At some point the red leather interior was re-dyed as black and also many of the interior fittings were replaced by carbon equivalents so not as plush as it used to be but all in the interests of weight saving so no complaints. 'Going underwater' - with a bit of duck tape I'm sure it will be fine 🙂

@Kimbers, I think the grass stains are still on the underbelly pan! 

Pity. Red interior would look neat. Well, until it fades to pink. 🙄

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

hi and welcome.....:welcome:

car looks little different now than it did back then........

i like it......the wing and the colours.....

top job....

:thumbsup:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• 3 weeks later...

Great car - always nice to have something with a bit of history!

Love the sticker - downloaded, I think my 5 year old will love it!  Somethings not right though...that bedroom is way way too tidy 😉

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 22:48, 003a said:

@C8RKH, @Colin P,

I've attached a couple of files - an ai (Adobe Illustrator file) and svg (scalable vector graphics).

Both should be fine for any print company to generate from and to pretty much any size you want. I used Carl Slater from Roo Signs (roosigns.com).

If any of you get it printed would love to see the results. Enjoy!

lotus-evora-screen.svg 16.23 kB · 14 downloads lotus-evora-screen.ai 80.3 kB · 14 downloads

Love this! Im going to print it and put it in my Sons bedroom too,,, oh and my study!

Daron welcome, Interesting and fun history, and its interesting that Stratton motorsport  did some mods, it would be interesting to see what the power out put is on a Dyno.

Thanks for the files might be able to have something printed on a T shirt.

Full marks to you and your son, as in the 80s kids growing up had Lamborghini Countach Posters fantastic to see the passion for an EVORA

27 minutes ago, 003a said:

Thanks guys, sorry been off-line for a bit. @au-yt, yes I had thought about a dyno but running the engine for a short period at max revs gives me nightmares 🙂

Ask around where you are for a reputable place, the dyno guys will run the car, they chose a gear say 3rd and just run it up like you running it up to max rev's and the back off. This give a picture of HP and Torque. 

Edited by au-yt