free hit
counters
Petrol tank - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

My Elite petrol tank has several holes in it :(  - external corrosion where it has had wet "underlay" insulation on it for 44 yrs.  I'm going to get a quote for a replica in aluminium - anyone else interested?

Pete

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Would be interesting to see how expensive, and yes, I have a slightly leaky tank too. Certainly one less thing to worry about long term.

My tank had a few extra nasty mig splattered seams i didn't like the look of so I'm having a copy tank made up in aluminium by compbrake, they seem very helpful and good value (two hundred and something),  but the proof is in the pudding - should be with me in a few weeks I'll report back.

That would be good - a few photos too?  Which fuel level sender will you use?  The original one is difficult to use with an aluminium tank.

Pete

Edited by EXCEL V8

I've had a quote that I regard as very good from a fabricator who has done lots of good work for me in the past.  PM me if you would like to know more.

Cheers

Pete

As I'm about to do a wakeup call for my elite I suspect the fuel tank would be a pile of rust inside so an alternative might be nice.

😈

Mine was reasonably clean inside - it went rusty from the outside.  Should have tank some time in May - I'll post up pictures when I get it if you like. 

Pete