free hit
counters
Water ingress / leak - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

After a heavy rainfall there is water ingress inside my car. The lower A pillar trim is damp as per the photo which shows the location. The water is then making it's way behind the dash onto the passenger carpet. I have removed the exterior plastic A pillar trim and resealed where the windscreen meets the A pillar but this hasn't fixed the problem (the original seal looked ok as well). I've also checked the window seals and can't see a problem there. Has anyone had water ingress in this location? I'm very perplexed about how the water is getting in. Many thanks!

water.png

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably irrelevant, but I had the same on my XC60 and it was the windscreen seal. The windscreen looked sealed/perfect so I doubted Volvo and thought it was the Pano-roof leaking and water finding a

Mine had this issue. The dealer sealed the A-pillar from the inside, along with some window tweaks - so I'm not 100% sure where the water was getting in.

It could be the triangular mirror mount. That area is a known leak source as well.

Posted Images

Probably irrelevant, but I had the same on my XC60 and it was the windscreen seal. The windscreen looked sealed/perfect so I doubted Volvo and thought it was the Pano-roof leaking and water finding a route down, but sure enough re-sealing the windscreen fixed the leak. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, 122 said:

Mine had this issue. The dealer sealed the A-pillar from the inside, along with some window tweaks - so I'm not 100% sure where the water was getting in.

Will try that, I have pulled the inside A pillar trim back before to run a cable so will have a look in there. Thanks