free hit
counters
Formula 1 2019 - May contain spoilers - Page 3 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Formula 1 2019 - May contain spoilers

8 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

It also the fact hat they have to change cars when the triple A batteries expire! I can imagine them getting slower and slower as the charge runs out, with drivers ending up pushing the poxy things over the line to finish.

Wasn't that Generation 1?

I believe Generation 2 have 'copper coloured tops' - and can go the full distance with no car change 😜

Here's the link https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/discover/cars-and-technology

Edited by KAS-118
Link added

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

loved f1 had attended many races from mid 80s, gave up going as the events are pretty lacking .. when  sunday morning warm ups  stopped so did i.. crazy money to pay to see three gp2 gp3 f1 boring rac

The problem with Bernie’s deal is it’s cutting out the casual viewers of F1 that used to watch it.  And with the reduction in viewers this could mean a lack of interest or relevance for the younger ge

I agree. I work in F1 and refuse to pay for Sky. It is on constantly on at work and they just regurgitate the same stuff over and over again just to keep the channel alive. I just follow online a

33 minutes ago, KAS-118 said:

Wasn't that Generation 1?

I believe Generation 2 have 'copper coloured tops' - and can go the full distance with no car change 😜

Here's the link https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/discover/cars-and-technology

Nah, they just get battery-powered fluffy pink rabbits to push them the last knockings instead.

Margate Exotics.

So this is a novel idea for formula 1, Zandervoort want Liberty Media to waive their fee and pay them to stage the grand Prix inf it is behind closed doors.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Isn’t that going to be the case with all the behind closed doors races? Silverstone was borderline each year even with the massing hoards. There’s no way any commercially operated track can afford to pay the Liberty Media fee but not sell any spectator tickets. 

38 minutes ago, pete said:

So this is a novel idea for formula 1, Zandervoort want Liberty Media to waive their fee and pay them to stage the grand Prix inf it is behind closed doors.

When Geely bought Lotus I was hoping we would (eventually) see a return of Lotus to F1.

However, I'm now thankful that that's a step they haven't, as yet, spent any money on.

• Like 1

I’m not surprised Zandvoort has taken that position. None of the venues can accommodate races for free, it would be commercial suicide. I wonder if Liberty will strike a deal with them to the satisfaction of all concerned until some kind of normality is restored, and I also wonder if we will see driver salaries fall from the frankly obscene levels they’re at now.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

When a footballer can command £100m just for wearing a branded pair of football boots I don't think the driver salaries are too outrageous.  Yes, Hamilton is paid a lot, Verstappen, Vetel and Ricciardo too. But last I saw Norris was on £300k. So they are not all on obscene pay levels.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

F1 has been "those that get paid to drive, and those that have to pay to drive" for a long while now. I do think the salaries of some are obscene - Hamilton being one. Who needs £40M a year? I'd risk my life and take that for a year, then retire to the Bahamas on my 100 foot luxury motor yacht with hot and cold running chambermaids and champagne for brekkies. I remember in the Stig's book, he had a test for an F1 team, Arrows, perhaps? He got the job, then they told him how much sponsorship he'd have to pay them to drive for the them!

I read this morning that Liberty are still hoping to run a 2020 race series (whether open or closed), but I wonder how that will pan out given the current situation and the fact that fans will probably remain nervous about going to races. Liberty said they'd lost 84% of revenue,  not sure how they arrived at that, but maybe race circuits pulling the plug.

Margate Exotics.