free hit
counters
Exhaust heat shield for muffler / silencer Esprit S3 Turbo - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exhaust heat shield for muffler / silencer Esprit S3 Turbo

Dear Users,

Since quite long time Im in search of heat shield for exhaust of my Esprit S3 Turbo. It seems impossible to find it as a spare part (at SJS Sport Cars no stock). Does any of you can recomend where I can find it? I belive in original shape it will not come any more, so at least as a large sheet so I can make the form by myself.
Thanks a lot.
Attached picture of the 2 parts I need to wrap.

20181221_222612.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My advice is to cut a sheet of 0.5mm thick aluminium sheet to the correct shape then stick a sheet of rigid Technofibra heat shielding onto it. That will probably be the best heat shielding you'll eve

Use this shield material. It works like a charm! And... it looks professionally good. https://www.demon-tweeks.com/us/cirrus-giiix-3-layer-heat-shield-245878/

Posted Images

Dont recognise any of that, is it a USA spec with a cat? 

On standard cars the heatsheld is fitted into the top of the wheelarch, not fitted to the pipes.

Looks like a Federal car, it's got the exhaust cam pulley drive flange and the cat looks the right shape, although mine had no races of the heat barrier Lukc is looking for when I got mine, just the washers at the  wheelarch. 

On my replacement cat converter I just welded some standoff bolts and fitted a piece of polished stainless steel as a heat shield to protect the body.  If memory serves, it was a piece of a tea tray from a thrift store!

My advice is to cut a sheet of 0.5mm thick aluminium sheet to the correct shape then stick a sheet of rigid Technofibra heat shielding onto it. That will probably be the best heat shielding you'll ever get.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On 17/03/2019 at 15:45, Andyww said:

Dont recognise any of that, is it a USA spec with a cat? 

On standard cars the heatsheld is fitted into the top of the wheelarch, not fitted to the pipes.

Use this shield material. It works like a charm! And... it looks professionally good.

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/us/cirrus-giiix-3-layer-heat-shield-245878/

Edited by MrDangerUS
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...