free hit
counters
Turbo Fuel Regulator - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
davidbradley

Turbo Fuel Regulator

Hi

Does anyone know of anyone who sells overhaul kits for the Turbo pressure regulators?

I'd also like to know how to test if it's working. I've fitted a pressure gauge, but cant be sure if the excess pressure is passing back to the tank, or causing the needle valves to stay open (which is my problem).

With the regulator off the car, and the adjuster nut removed, if I blow incredibly hard (as if from the pump), I get the faintest possible flow back to the tank when I block the outlets to the carbs.

Not scientific I accept, but what should I expect, so I know whether there seems to be a problem or not.

The pipe back to the tank blows through very easily.

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi

You can test the regulator by starting the engine and winding in the adjuster screw, when the pressure exceeds the float pressure of the carbs, the engine will faulter and stall. it will probable be difficult to start again as you have now just flooded the engine.......

Wind the adjuster out the same amount of turns that you have just wound the screw in.

Connect your gauge in the fuel line before the regulator.. turn on the ingition and and wiat for the needle to stabalise. now adjust the screw to give a reading of 4psi +- 0.5psi.

This should be the correct setting. Under boost the pressure should remain about 4 - 5 psi above boost pressure. You could now point the gauge to the passenger compartment, leave the engine cover off and with the help of a friend go for a drive. at full boost the gauge should be reading somewhere about 13psi if this is correct then your regulator is working correctly.