free hit
counters
Evora S boot lights - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The lights are activated by the boot latch in the tailgate

Ok, quick look at the wiring diagram (MH.1 in the service notes) shows the live from the fuse r15 goes to the boot lamp on one side, then exits the boot lamp on the other side and goes to the main tailgate switch. From the switch it goes to earth.

Check for voltage, also if your heated rear window work. They all go throught the tailgate connector. If non work it may be the earth. I had an intermitant boot light fault and eventually traced it to a corroded wire in the loom where it flexes when you open and shut the boot. Try slowley open and closing the boot ans see if you get any flickers.

Gav

I wouldn’t have thought the two are related. Wouldn’t that mean the boot light and demist are in series with each other?  So when the light is on the demister would have to be on too?

I wouldn't have thought so either but you could just touch it to the heater element and see. Check your 3rd brake light/earth to the boot lid. See if you have a live and earth at the lamp holder

Gav

They can be found online.

http://49210a70594045aae060-9ee7f563068e7bbd2f9eb533a1de6b33.r31.cf3.rackcdn.com/58803_1345631882_sn_mr16b_circuits_evora_S__IPS_12MY_Update.pdf

You can test each individual lamp. A live supply from the fuse enters one side of the lamp, the current passes through the lamp filament and then if you remove the wire from the other side, and make a new connection to an earth point, the lamp will light. You don't need to know which side the live is. You can remove one side and connect an earth, if that doesn't light the lamp. reconnect that side and remove the other.  This will tell you whether a live supply is reaching the lamp.  If it is then the 'break' is between the exit side and on to the switch, the switch itself, or the exit from the switch to earth.

Have you proven that the lamps themselves still work?

You could swap them with the footwell lamp and check it works if you haven't.

I've changed all my festoon bulbs over to LED (boot, footwell, number plate and dome light) - so it now looks the same as the ambient / strip light you get with the premium pack, is brighter and let's pretend lighter...!

8 minutes ago, Bruss said:

They can be found online.

http://49210a70594045aae060-9ee7f563068e7bbd2f9eb533a1de6b33.r31.cf3.rackcdn.com/58803_1345631882_sn_mr16b_circuits_evora_S__IPS_12MY_Update.pdf

You can test each individual lamp. A live supply from the fuse enters one side of the lamp, the current passes through the lamp filament and then if you remove the wire from the other side, and make a new connection to an earth point, the lamp will light. You don't need to know which side the live is. You can remove one side and connect an earth, if that doesn't light the lamp. reconnect that side and remove the other.  This will tell you whether a live supply is reaching the lamp.  If it is then the 'break' is between the exit side and on to the switch, the switch itself, or the exit from the switch to earth.

Super helpful. Thanks very much. I’ll get my tester out. 👍

On 25/03/2019 at 12:32, Mark_Graphic said:

Super helpful. Thanks very much. I’ll get my tester out. 👍

Hi Bruss

Finally Ive tested both festoon bulbs and the 12 v socket with a multi meter which all have a supply running to them. Also I've done the earthing test you suggested and the bulbs light up. So does this point to the switch and if so where do I find and test the switch? 

Find the switch?

I've not had to locate this but looking at p24 of the above circuit diag shows a switch backlight that is connected from the trunk release switch assy. That trunk release is located behind the plastic cover on the rear wall of the boot just below the tailgate, according to DeRoure parts diag.

13 minutes ago, Bruss said:

Find the switch?

I've not had to locate this but looking at p24 of the above circuit diag shows a switch backlight that is connected from the trunk release switch assy. That trunk release is located behind the plastic cover on the rear wall of the boot just below the tailgate, according to DeRoure parts diag.

Also I forgot to say that the 12v socket works fine.

Looking at the wiring diagram, it appears you should have a 'Tailgate Open' warning lamp in the cluster, does it light up when you open the boot? That uses the same earth supply from the boot switch. 

I can't help with the location of the switch but I would think thats your problem.

:)

It's getting there......

The switch is inside the boot lid behind the leather panel  above the boot latch. I've had this a few times the wire falls off as its just a spade connector. I soldered it on the last time.

20 hours ago, Scotsdave said:

The switch is inside the boot lid behind the leather panel  above the boot latch. I've had this a few times the wire falls off as its just a spade connector. I soldered it on the last time.

Thanks Scotsdave that was exactly what was causing the issue. Problem solved.

Had precisely this problem yesterday.
Lights were back on later that evening.

and off again today.

Partially prised off the leather pad at the clasp area (pop studs) which provided access. Someone has applied a bit of tape to mine to stop it popping off - which was either the factory or during the tenure of the 1st owner (ie 1st 2 yrs of its life)

Shoved it back on. Lights light. 😎

Thank you so much guys.

gb23Dgs.jpg