free hit
counters
Fuel Filler Neck Rubber Grommet - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Fuel Filler Neck Rubber Grommet

Hi All,

My new (third) grommet has gone again! I first noticed at the Lotus show when filling up to take my Esprit down there. Many little cracks. Now it's completely split!

Iam getting fed up with trying to contact the dealer for

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps we should just get a batch of silicon rubber ones made up and have done with it.

This is a component that potentially lots of people will need in the future.

It's just an idea.

Stuart.

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004

• 1 month later...

Well, mine has gone again. It lasted about 3000 miles, 18 months. it has cracked at the top, not good as we have all agreed. I', looking into silicon rubber ones at the mo. I'll keep you all posted.

Looks like we need nitrile rubber ones made up.

Dave have you had any luck in an answer from Lotus. Perhaps we are using old stock?

Stuart.

Edited by Stuart

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004

Mine recently went after being purchased last Autumn I think, less than a year old. I need to dig out he exact date. I shall be looking for a replacement one and then I am returening this to the factory direct for them to consider (maybe analyse).

I am reluctant to fork out

Mine grommets are olse gone, need 2 new. Don't know how old they are, but more than 2 years.

By sheer coincidence I just installed a new grommet (the "genuine" Lotus part) a few hours ago, before viewing the "resurrection" of this thread. I had read the original thread some time back, and so knew it was pretty much a "no brainer" straightforward job. Took all of three minutes--and that was "taking my time". Of course it helped that this week's temperatures (in Austin) have been in the high 90's, ensuring that the grommet was as malleable as putty! Don't know what sort of "longevity" to expect out of it---not holding my breath, based on past comments---but the new one sure looks a lot better than the relic it replaced. I'm treating the $42.49 spent as "periodic maintenance".

John

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.