free hit
counters
Any skydivers here who fancy a roadtrip? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Phlissy

Any skydivers here who fancy a roadtrip?

I jump out of planes for a pastime, and every year I make a few trips to dropzones in Spain or Portugal. This year, seeing as I now drive an Evora, it would seem rude not to drive to the DZ at Evora in Portugal!

So are there any other Lotus-driving skydivers here who may be interested in joining me? This is the kind of route I'm looking at https://goo.gl/maps/V8MKiCRftF82. I reckon a couple of days driving each way, plus three days jumping, to make it a week-long trip of road and sky blasting. 🤟

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I travel in planes every week. The last thing I would want to do was to jump out of a perfectly good one at any height other than the height of the airbridge!

I've been to Evora in Portugal, went there last year as part of wee holiday with the wifey taking in Lisbon, Evora and Vilamoura.  Very nice part of the world and Evora itself is a nice wee town. Would be happy to go back again but not by falling out of a plane. I'm just too much of a wimpy burger to do it and am sure my hands would be glued with gorilla glue to the door opening...  Looks like a nice route. You should think about doing it in September as you pass fairly close to Anguelem and they have a wonderful weekend of vintage/historic racing through the town.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

25 minutes ago, pete said:

Angouleme?

Well I only missed out a single O and it has historic racing so not a jump of faith there surely lol...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I'll give you some other letters to go with that "e"!  :)

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I travel in planes every week. The last thing I would want to do was to jump out of a perfectly good one at any height other than the height of the airbridge!

Ah, there's no such thing as a perfectly good aeroplane! Thanks for the tips on the route/timing. I'm not sure I'll be able to wait until September, now I have the idea in my head, I'm keen to go ASAP! It would be fun to share the trip with some other Lotuses though.

I'd love to do the trip with it, but living where I live in Scotland in would be nigh on a 9 hour, possibly 10 hour, drive just to get to you lol....

I hope you do get some others interested as the route is lovely and around Evora there are some great roads to have some fun on and hardly any traffic either. Good luck with the planning and the trip!

As an aside, I do believe one or two owners on here live near your route, especially Angoueleme general area so maybe you could meet up for lunch, dinner or just a drive on local roads with a local guide.

I too jump out of planes.  Lotus still in little pieces and stuff, but just wanted to share so that you know you’re not alone in being an awesome skydivisting, epic Lotus owning superdude.

sudders

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany

Many years ago I did a bit of jumping out of planes too.  I got half way through a RAPs course, really enjoyed it but the nearest drop zone was miles away from home and I lost interest after many very early morning starts to get to the DZ and no jumping due to bad conditions.   I've been missing it ever since and have recently started learning to paraglide and there is a club nearby so much easier to get some flights in.

The road trip sounds great fun but I can't commit to it at the moment.    Hope you ahead with it and have a great time.