free hit
counters
EMU Black ECU - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep picked up the car on Monday and I'm pretty happy with the work they've done, car sounds amazing now and you can feel the extra power at the top end of the rev range.  I'll make a new post with det

SCS (a Norfolk based company) also make their Delta 800 ECU which works well with the V6: https://www.scs-delta.co.uk/delta-ecu-range http://elise-spares.com/lotus-electrical/lotus-ecu-and-u

My car certainly does and it makes plenty of power (425bhp, although that’s not just all down to the ECU obviously). It also has most of the OEM ‘road’ features reinstated (heated seats, cruise contro

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Any good?

I’m hearing good things about ECU Master and love the dash system which seems fairly priced. It’s something I’m investigating to be fair as a future option as I am starting to feel as though I could do with a little more power and this could give total freedom from a vendor lock in.

www.alias23.com

I have it mapped for my Evora S, but haven't installed it yet

The advantages I see are:

• Compatibe with Lotus wire harness and instruments - P&P
  • Post supercharger Temp and Pressure sensors means you don't have to map it at AFR 10 to be safe at WOT
  • Adjustable traction control
  • Prepared for flexfuel Gasoline/E85 - good for non charge cooled cars on markets where E85 is available
  • OBD and datalogging capabilities
38 minutes ago, #84 said:

I have it mapped for my Evora S, but haven't installed it yet

The advantages I see are:

• Compatibe with Lotus wire harness and instruments - P&P
  • Post supercharger Temp and Pressure sensors means you don't have to map it at AFR 10 to be safe at WOT
  • Adjustable traction control
  • Prepared for flexfuel Gasoline/E85 - good for non charge cooled cars on markets where E85 is available
  • OBD and datalogging capabilities

Who did your mapping? How have you got it mapped but it’s not installed on the car?

Are you running air con? I had heard that this was a challenge due to not enough sensors to retain air con (not needed on race cars hence not a problem).

Ref traction control do you know if the base map is like for like with the factory DPM or does it need work to get it to the same level?

Sorry for all the questions but as you can see this is a topic front of mind and one I’ve been doing some light research.

Thanks 

www.alias23.com

Trak-Group, in their dyno

Had to get the engine in the car and through MOT before fiddling with the OBD, which should work but is still pendig to be proven

The documentation related to traction control is very thin, but as far as I know it doesn't require any mapping. The local ECU Master dealer has a 10 step rotary switch meetig the requirements

Since all vehicle related parameters are handled via CAN-bus, I don't expect air-con to be an issue. I hope not.

• 2 months later...

Matthew, unfortunately no news at all. Total radio silence :( 

But I can comment two thing in my previous post:

- Air conditioning control seems to be the big issue since it requires a separate pin to handle the capacity control (Variable displacement piston compressor).

- Traction control mapping is super simple. You connect a stepped potentiometer and read the voltage (0-5 V) you get at each step through the ECU Master PC software and enter these values in the code. Save. Go.

Shame that you are not making progress, but an interesting update nonetheless. Thank you.

I spoke with RRR yesterday and they confirmed they are still working on the air con issue. They told me that they hoped to have figured it out by the end of this week, so maybe there is hope!

The traction control sounds good, but presumably you lose to OEM “race mode” traction control‘s ability to “learn” grip levels?

True about TC. In my case, with an Evora S, it is just a huge step forward to have any adjustable Traction Control.

Good to hear that RRR is alive and make progresses.

My car is going in to Back on Track next week for a few bits and pieces, mainly to have the rest of my 2Bular exhaust fitted as well as @alias23‘s side sills. I am very seriously thinking of having the ECU Master Black fitted at the same time as RRR have quoted me a decent price and that way I can get a bespoke map to make the most of my KT carbon air intake and 2Bular exhaust system. Will make it easier to do a TVS1900 upgrade in future too.

Any thoughts?

Having called around, it sounds like there is another ECU option currently in development for the V6 which is based on the Syvecs S7 ECU.  Any thoughts on how that compares to the ECU Master Black?

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

SCS (a Norfolk based company) also make their Delta 800 ECU which works well with the V6:

https://www.scs-delta.co.uk/delta-ecu-range

http://elise-spares.com/lotus-electrical/lotus-ecu-and-upgrades?product_id=781

Is there anyone on TLF running the Delta 800 ECU?

Yes indeed, that’s correct. So far the options I have found (other than the mega expensive Motec) are:

1. ECU Master EMU Black supplied by RRR (as now used by H111 too)

https://rrrshop.co.uk/ecumaster-emu-black-ecu-1096-p.asp

http://www.hangar111.com/shop/lotus-exige-s2-s-engine-management/717-elise-exige-emu-black-ecu-engine-management.html

2. SCS Delta 800 supplied by ES Motorsport

https://www.scs-delta.co.uk/delta-ecu-range

http://www.esmotorsport.co.uk/motorsport/ecu

http://elise-spares.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=V6&product_id=781

3. Syvecs S7 aka H Pro ECU supplied by TDI South in conjunction with Elise Racing

https://www.eliseracing.com/about1

https://www.tdi-plc.com/product/syvecs-s7-plus-ecu/

All seem to be potentially viable options for roughly the same ballpark pricing. I have absolutely no idea whatsoever how to differentiate between them. Any clues?!

I also noticed this in my internet rummaging...

https://www.eliseracing.com/harrop-supercharger

5 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Is there anyone on TLF running the Delta 800 ECU?

4 hours ago, Kristof Thys said:

Jonny does IIRC? @Bravo73

3 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Thanks @Kristof Thys! Would be interested in any feedback

My car certainly does and it makes plenty of power (425bhp, although that’s not just all down to the ECU obviously). It also has most of the OEM ‘road’ features reinstated (heated seats, cruise control etc) although I suspect that will be less of an issue on an Exige. I haven’t asked about variable traction control yet but I imagine that SCS could probably include it in a future revision. 

I’m afraid that I can’t comment on how easy it is to code to really. That was left to SCS themselves. However, I can tell you that their Delta 800 runs off a MAP sensor (rather than a MAF). This allows the car/tuner to have more control over what is going on apparently. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

My car certainly does and it makes plenty of power (425bhp, although that’s not just all down to the ECU obviously). It also has most of the OEM ‘road’ features reinstated (heated seats, cruise control etc) although I suspect that will be less of an issue on an Exige. I haven’t asked about variable traction control yet but I imagine that SCS could probably include it in a future revision. 

I’m afraid that I can’t comment on how easy it is to code to really. That was left to SCS themselves. However, I can tell you that their Delta 800 runs off a MAP sensor (rather than a MAF). This allows the car/tuner to have more control over what is going on apparently. 

Thanks @Bravo73, this is all very encouraging.  I would certainly not be doing any mapping myself - would leave that entirely to the experts!

Apologies if you have previously posted elsewhere (in which case, just point me in the right direction) but could you give us some more details about the specs of your car?  What intake/exhaust are you running?  Standard supercharger I assume, maybe smaller pulley?  Any other magic going on?

Sounds like you used ES Motorsport for much of the work.  Would you recommend them?

Many thanks

4 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Apologies if you have previously posted elsewhere (in which case, just point me in the right direction) but could you give us some more details about the specs of your car?  What intake/exhaust are you running?  Standard supercharger I assume, maybe smaller pulley?  Any other magic going on?

Sounds like you used ES Motorsport for much of the work.  Would you recommend them?

No worries. It’s all in this thread, particularly the last couple of pages:

ES have done most of the work on my car (particularly the engine stuff). Yep, I would definitely recommend them. If you weren’t already aware, they run multiple cars in the various Lotus Cup series. Their Evora GT4 is currently one of the front runners in the Europe series. So, if you do end up going there, bear in mind that the race cars are their primary business. Pre & post the race weekends are particularly busy so don’t expect much else to get done during those periods. @electro_boy is also about to have the SCS Delta ECU fitted to his NA Evora by ES. 

• Like 1

@Bravo73 Very interesting thread about your car. How can I have missed it up to now?

I like that you have had the courage to go for wilder cam shafts instead of spinning up the super charger.

Have you ever experienced any issues with idle or emissions during MOT test?

You don't mention anything about fuel pump or injectors. Are they standard? Track-Group reached the limit at 402 hp (408 ps) with the fuel supply, when they mapped my engine.

Yep my Evora NA is currently at ES motorsport getting a few power mods done.  Original plan was for induction kit, exhaust headers, new cams and aftermarket ECU with custom mapping.

There was a problem at the cam manufacturer and the delay would be too long so I'm getting everything apart from the cams done and I'll take it back later on in the year for the cams.

The ECU swap will keep full OEM functionality apart form TMPS sensors sometimes these can be a bit iffy.  ES Motorsports have asked SCS to try and fix this but I haven't asked if they were successful and it was a feature I was willing to give up.  Traction control is present and I believe the setting that ES / SCS use allows a bit more playful nature in standard mode and as far as I understand you can tweak the settings in the code not sure about adding a rotary knob to adjust, I'll ask when I go to pick the car up and I'm not sure how it works with the traction control system in the Exige which I think is self learning to grip conditions on track etc ..  again I'll ask a bit more info on this when I go to pick up.

The cam profile they had in mind for me would have kept the car still very drivable on the road no rough idle, emissions will naturally increase from the mods but should just about be fine for MOT (hopefully!).  They can go more aggressive on the cams if you want but what you gain on track performance you loose in everyday drivability.  There were no mods to injectors or valve system needed with my cam change.

I due to pick up the car on Monday so will report back after then (please be dry and sunny when I drive home 🤞🏾😁)

• Like 1

Thanks @electro_boy, very interesting update. Sounds like some seriously exciting upgrades for you.

Really like the sound of the cams and would be interested to see how their spec compares to the ones offered by Monkey Wrench:

https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product-category/lotusevora/evoraengineparts/evoraqcamshafts/

Are the cams manufactured by Swindon or by a third party to their design?

Will also be very interested to hear responses to your questions on the ECU. Tyre pressure sensors not an issue for me as my Exige doesn’t have any, but the “Race” self-learning traction control is pretty cool and would be best retained, although an alternative would be having it manually adjustable through a rotary knob installed in the same way as per OEM Exige Cup on the steering column in place of the exhaust valve button (I have a valveless track exhaust now installed).

The ECU is currently my biggest conundrum, mainly because I know nothing about them! If anyone can shed any light on how the SCS Delta compares to the ECU Master Black, I would be internally grateful. Is one inherently better than the other or is it really all just down to the mapping?