free hit
counters
GRP GT Lights - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi all. 

Considering the GRP GT rear lights. I prefer the blood red lenses but you can’t have the halo amber indicator with these. It would need to be the small centre indicator. This means I would need to go with option 6, which have the smoked lenses  

Does anyone have any good pictures of the Option 6 lights fitted to their cars, if so can you share some pictures? Particularly interested with the lights off to see if I can live with the smoked lenses. 

Thanks in advance 😀

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think @GFWilliams is the man you need. 

If the indicator is in the centre on the option 3’s, where does the reflector go? Been pondering myself and keep meaning to order some but sitting on the fence between opt 3&6

13 hours ago, MrP_ said:

I think @GFWilliams is the man you need. 

If the indicator is in the centre on the option 3’s, where does the reflector go? Been pondering myself and keep meaning to order some but sitting on the fence between opt 3&6

I am in the same boat! I love the look of option 3 blood red lenses but I believe the indicator to just be a small flashing dot. The smoked lenses has the large halo indicator that looks much better .... but option 6 only comes in a smoked finish. 

Yep, Greg confirmed earlier that is the case.

The reflectors can be done on both design 3 & 6

I was considering ordering some of these a few months ago until I saw some on a car. The brake lights basically don't work and are close to dangerous. Only the 3rd centre brake light catches attention. Just something to have in mind when ordering.

5 hours ago, Crouchy said:

I was considering ordering some of these a few months ago until I saw some on a car. The brake lights basically don't work and are close to dangerous. Only the 3rd centre brake light catches attention. Just something to have in mind when ordering.

Were these the GRP Version or the transformed.

Calling all TLF members who have these fitted for feedback ?! 😀 

Had the previous gen GRP versions fitted and darkened lens further. When switched on the lights looked great at night , but not so bright in daylight vs normal lights.  Believe the newer lights are brighter, but for some reason they’ve made the indicators smaller ?

CB8A3EDF-60F4-4D2D-89FF-062939CB05AF.thumb.jpeg.301a55dd158a5f6bb55362c6772bf9ce.jpeg

Edited by DJW

1 minute ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

@GFWilliams

can I ask how you find the lights?

I love them, but agree with comments above that they’re not quite bright enough, especially the side lights.

The flip side of that is that they’re still totally working.  Transforged were a lot brighter, but blew bulbs.

Ok... I think I will go for them. 

I am In the states in a few weeks with work so it may be easier and cheaper to bring them back with me (I can have them posted to a colleague in Houston)

anymore feed back welcome ! 

Have no idea off the top of my head the option number I bought from GRP. They are smoked which I preferred with the look of my car and have the Centre reflectors and halo amber indicators.  

Here they are off in daylight on Sunday. 

C924CC06-35D7-4DBB-B634-45466F7D5D40.jpeg

Night side lights and only other decent ones I can find with clearer pic of lights off in daytime. I think I’ve posted all these before at various times so apologies if people seen before. 

86BB834F-9472-44EB-9FCC-1932E1C53D1D.png

BE7119C1-4D65-40EC-A677-72E9D5060D75.jpeg

B73E982D-73E2-452B-B4BE-6407CAF15797.png

On 02/04/2019 at 10:12, Crouchy said:

GRP have required brightness for the UK market. Mine work fine and as you can see below are pretty clear in daylight. There is also a clear and marked illumination difference between side light and brake light. In darkness they are of similar illumination to my X5. 

From what I remember GRP provide this information regarding their luminescence and pass the necessary requirements for the UK.  

Bump to this thread. Removed my lamps as one of the resistors that keeps the brake pedal happy melted itself right into the lamp. Massive dangers of fire it got that hot, pictures to follow. I mounted the resistors on the lamp itself.

cheers

Mark

18 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Bump to this thread. Removed my lamps as one of the resistors that keeps the brake pedal happy melted itself right into the lamp. Massive dangers of fire it got that hot, pictures to follow. I mounted the resistors on the lamp itself.

cheers

Mark

Oh no.... not good. I have fitted mine but will need to keep checking. Did Greg offer an explanation? 

22 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

cheers

Mark

Sounds like you’re braking too much 😜

I just left the resistor hidden in the depths of the boot where the wiring is. The tail lamp is a lot more likely to melt and cause problems than the fibreglass. No signs of any marking from the heat in my car.

Just saying..... pics in the morning.