free hit
counters
Eclat S2 centre control panel - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
BrianandAstrid

Eclat S2 centre control panel

Looking for a S2 centre panel for my Eclat, the previous owner butchered it to fit a modern radio!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Alternatively you could attempt a repair 

on my S1 I filled the hole with a piece of grp and glued pieces on the front  filled the gaps and recovered in black vinyl 

I did think that as I don't suppose there's too many of them about? Mines got a birdseye maple veneer.

Or, take advantage of the situation, trim the metal, glue in a proper metal cage so it fits nicely, and have a nice modern stereo with CD, Bluetooth, iPod/Aux/USB etc... Mine sits very nicely on the area inside the dash, where it has a little somewhat flexible insulation. Fits a treat. There is an area under the stereo to fill. Makes getting the panel out easier too, as you just pull put stereo, disconnect, take out the bottom panel(if you bother, mine is still a job to do), and then relatively easy to take out. Mine is a black leather/vinyl type of covering.

charlie Coker applied a new veneer to a panel he had cut, which looked excellent 

by using grp I’ve made a lip which screws to the centre console behind the gear stick gaiter and swapped the top fixing screws for pins so the centre console can be removed.

By having concealed fixings I could get rid of the extra fitting holes provided by the PO. 

Bonding in a modern cage is a good idea.

Edited by Straker
  • Like 1