free hit
counters
carbon mirrors - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

So far, conditional interest from

Dan G, Raf, Andy, Mr P

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Im assuming time is not an issue now...?

Reverie are alright, I have a few of their products. Given they're designing from scratch (im assuming vs replicating) then £650+VAT doesn't feel to bad in my opinion as there would be a lot of time, cost, and a mould needed which isn't cheap. Mirrors are actually quite complicated, the Transforged units from memory have five parts alone! Not that im recommending Transforged! But as an example highlighting that it may not be as easy as folks initially think and equally if Reverie are doing this from scratch how much of a priority is it vs their other developments as I think it would take quite a bit of time to get right.

On my build thread I walked through a lot of the options when I was reviewing replacing the metro mirrors. I think I made the best decision, the mirrors are rock solid, the 'race car' look has grown on me, and everyone who has seen them has given positive feedback. @GFWilliams is a funny one for design but even he has given positive views on the mounting. 

If folks are genuinely interested im happy to reach out to my contact and ask if they'd be open to a group buy, but I would suggest you'd be still looking at between £450-500 inc delivery and taxes. 

www.alias23.com

Time for ms is now irrelevant as there are no quick options

Happy for you to chase a cheaper option

would a better solution not be to use the same mirrors and brackets as @alias23 and then have a purely cosmetic sleeve that covers them and adds some style. That way you get solid and stylish mirror mount (sorry Imran not trying to be negative on your current set up) I would imagine the sleeve would be cheaper and easier to produce as there is less testing and research needed as its not structural.

No need to apologise buddy :)

Your logic is right and was my original plan but I’m actually quite happy with the mounts now.

www.alias23.com

Would it be possible to also improve the viewing angle my altering the glass?

If so maybe interested.

thanks

@alias23

Sounds like there could be enough interest to reach out to your pal that could come up with a product?

Spoke to my chap in Japan. The group buy pricing isn't that great, there is a slight discount but it isn't earth shattering, I asked if there would be additional discount for higher purchase volume but its negligible.

Based on 5x sets ordered, insured shipping to the UK, then customs/duty, and shipping from me to each buyer = £490

The set would be exactly the same as mine. Carbon would be twill weave (best for the curvature of the mirror housing) and the mounting would be anodised black. Note, the supplied bolts would be silver, and not anodised black like mine, these can be sourced easily from a UK supplier if needed as I did on my set. 

Timescales from placing the GB to receiving items is approximately three weeks as they're each made to order.

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Can you boom up a few shots of your mirrors on here so I don’t have to trawl through the massive other thread please?

• Like 1

Haha sure I’ll try and take some new shots with the new bolts which make a differance.

• Thanks 2

www.alias23.com

Mirror itself looks good, not a fan of the mount, but its very "racecar"

On 04/04/2019 at 20:26, Crouchy said:

would a better solution not be to use the same mirrors and brackets as @alias23 and then have a purely cosmetic sleeve that covers them and adds some style. That way you get solid and stylish mirror mount (sorry Imran not trying to be negative on your current set up) I would imagine the sleeve would be cheaper and easier to produce as there is less testing and research needed as its not structural.

Like this option. 

• Like 1

A nice solution would be a design similar to the transforged stalks, but make them out of a more solid material such as carbon fibre or aluminium.  It's been on my to do list for a while, but one of those things I haven't got round to...

TBF the  Metro mirrors aren't that bad looking, is it a snob thing season 1 friday GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They aren't a bad shape, just need modernising IMO. Find them a right pain to adjust, plus mine aren't colour coded so the black makes them look even cheaper

On 12/04/2019 at 20:41, Mark030358 said:

TBF the  Metro mirrors aren't that bad looking, is it a snob thing season 1 friday GIF

LoL I agreed I would rather have the metro ones than the ‘motorsport ones’ those mounts can only be described as 🤮

• Like 1

On 12/04/2019 at 20:41, Mark030358 said:

TBF the  Metro mirrors aren't that bad looking, is it a snob thing 

For me, the look was a secondary reason for changing them.  The huge blind sports were the main reason.  The Magical racing mirrors have so much better visibility!

• Like 1