free hit
counters
carbon mirrors - Page 4 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks great George!

For people who are buying these new mounts but who don’t yet have the Magic Mike Mirrors (or whatever they are called...), is there any interest in a group buy and shipment of the mirrors from Japan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think they look a bit of an afterthought. The twin arm look, like the transforged looks way better (although I know transforged fall apart)

i would love to replace the mirrors but I am yet to be convinced about any products that give an OEM look. 

Good luck with the project though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

I still think they look a bit of an afterthought. The twin arm look, like the transforged looks way better (although I know transforged fall apart)

i would love to replace the mirrors but I am yet to be convinced about any products that give an OEM look. 

Good luck with the project though. 

You are of course welcome to your opinion. This isn't designed as a mass produced item, it's done to be as good quality as possible while keeping the price as sensible as I can.  A twin arm setup would be a lot more complicated (and expensive) to manufacturer in aluminium and isn't needed for structural reasons as a single arm is so solid if done properly.  If I did a twin arm design, I guarantee that with the price being so much higher, we couldn't meet the minimum order required.

You're welcome to go buy the TF mirror arms though if you prefer them... Good luck 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

You are of course welcome to your opinion. This isn't designed as a mass produced item, it's done to be as good quality as possible while keeping the price as sensible as I can.  A twin arm setup would be a lot more complicated (and expensive) to manufacturer in aluminium and isn't needed for structural reasons as a single arm is so solid if done properly.  If I did a twin arm design, I guarantee that with the price being so much higher, we couldn't meet the minimum order required.

You're welcome to go buy the TF mirror arms though if you prefer them... Good luck 😂

Totally appreciate that the TF mirror arms are poor quality, like all of their products it would appear. 

Good luck with the project and I will be interested to see the final product installed on the car. At present it’s a no for me..... but I don’t have the skill set or time to create my own! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys , I would be interested about improving the mirror support design rise , if you want I am a CAS Modeller , that is actually my job XD ! I could support you for this project or other ones :) I would just need the 3D data of the mirror and fixations points to make some proposals of your different ideas !!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ben410 said:

Hello guys , I would be interested about improving the mirror support design rise , if you want I am a CAS Modeller , that is actually my job XD ! I could support you for this project or other ones :) I would just need the 3D data of the mirror and fixations points to make some proposals of your different ideas !!! 

Hi Ben

Thanks for the offer, we're already at a stage where we're cutting the first mirror stalk design, so you've arrived a little late.  If there are future projects I'll give you a shout though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ben410 said:

ok no pb thank you , is it too late as well if I would like to get a black stalk ?? 

Orders haven’t been firmed up yet, I’ll add you to the provisional list and contact you for payment to confirm a set when we’re ready. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The amount of work involved in this is unreal! Congrats buddy! When do I need to send money for a set :)


www.alias23.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

The first stalk is done and will be with me tomorrow to test!  Fingers crossed everything just fits first time...

B137CC68-337A-4C69-98D8-B7A23CFA567E.jpeg

@GFWilliams, @alias23  Just don't go advertising them on Seloc, they wont believe you and think your only in it for the money 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

... the above to be taken with a pinch os salt..👍

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good George! I hear that our cars are both currently making friends at BoT. Both getting the same gearbox cooler fitted. I told Sam to practice on yours before doing mine... 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mattmahope said:

Looks good George! I hear that our cars are both currently making friends at BoT. Both getting the same gearbox cooler fitted. I told Sam to practice on yours before doing mine... 🤣

 @GFWilliams is this the car you said you'd hidden 20kg of weight under both the drivers and passenger seat? 😁

  • Haha 1

www.alias23.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, alias23 said:

 @GFWilliams is this the car you said you'd hidden 20kg of weight under both the drivers and passenger seat? 😁

It’s the one up on bricks with no Dampers...

By pure coincidence, I now have Ohlins! :D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mounted them up today, really happy on the whole!

They're going back today to make some amendments to the mounting angle which will mean the mirror sits 30mm lower than in the photos.

GFW_0594_1.JPG

GFW_0613mirror_1.JPG

GFW_0606_1.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GFWilliams Hi mate, can you take a few close ups of how you mounted the frame to the door. Have to say by the way looks really good!!

cheers

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks better than I expected. TAKE MY MONEY!


www.alias23.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually quite like them even in silver! Maybe get mine powder coated gunmetal to match my wheels 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...