free hit
counters
Chumaxa Grey (T) V6 Exige Cup - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Chumaxa Grey (T) V6 Exige Cup

So I had a look, the ET at the rear is 33, front ET20 I think, what width shall I run from your experiences ?? 215/285 ?   I have received the shifter, very quick delivery from the USA ! Need to find a slot with Dan now ... 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too busy actually driving the thing yesterday, I did not take pictures, but that shifter, it just makes everything better .... Question about the cup 2 tyres, I noticed that the TC was so much better

So after a cheesy title research, and the fact that the topic about the black car being gone is not about this one, here is a new topic for the new car in the garage. So this was actually being cooked

We finished installing the Sport 350 shift mechanism into an early V6S yesterday - works well 🙂 Dave  

Posted Images

Well I have the pdf for the install, but I rather not try it myself ! The shifter is not fully assembled in the box, but I took the main element with the ball joint element and chassis base,  just this thing with no more rigidity already feels so much better than the lotus gear stick ... 

56 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

We finished installing the Sport 350 shift mechanism into an early V6S yesterday - works well 🙂

Dave

I would like to go to you to accelerate the process, but it is a bit of a drive ... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2019 at 09:27, Hangar 111 said:

We finished installing the Sport 350 shift mechanism into an early V6S yesterday - works well 🙂

Dave

What are main benefits of this 350 gear shift mechanism? Does it help with the overheating cables issue the V6s has? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/07/2019 at 18:18, BfranklynV6 said:

What are main benefits of this 350 gear shift mechanism? Does it help with the overheating cables issue the V6s has? 

It is only to get the gear change sharper, maybe less likely to miss a gear when it starts to overheat, I do not know ..... Personally I do it because every time I change a gear I feel like driving a Renault Scenic ..

On 11/07/2019 at 10:27, Hangar 111 said:

Dave

Hi Dave, you have the (before & after) pictures? Also, can you share with me a price? 

15 hours ago, PJ said:

Hi Dave, you have the (before & after) pictures? Also, can you share with me a price? 

No pictures at present, don't want to give the game away with how we did it!   I need to check the final numbers on the cost.

Driver took it out on trackday and said it was alot better. Just a bit of refinement on adjustment to make.  The shift is a bit sharper / more precise, and also should eliminate the wear we have seen on numerous cars in the plastic joints at the lever end, as these are replaced with spherical bearing joints.  Cable run for the cross-gate is shorter and separated from the shift cable.

Dave

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

No pictures at present, don't want to give the game away with how we did it!   I need to check the final numbers on the cost.

Driver took it out on trackday and said it was alot better. Just a bit of refinement on adjustment to make.  The shift is a bit sharper / more precise, and also should eliminate the wear we have seen on numerous cars in the plastic joints at the lever end, as these are replaced with spherical bearing joints.  Cable run for the cross-gate is shorter and separated from the shift cable.

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks. If you could share some visualization without too much detail it would do for me at this point. 

Just pm also a quotation pls.

Thanks! 

Edited by PJ
1 hour ago, Hangar 111 said:

Dave

Hi Dave,

does it do anything regarding the vulnerability of the shift cables to heat, and therefore for the problem of increased propensity for miss shifts while on track?

Thanks 

52 minutes ago, BfranklynV6 said:

Hi Dave,

does it do anything regarding the vulnerability of the shift cables to heat, and therefore for the problem of increased propensity for miss shifts while on track?

Thanks 

I'd need to have a chat and try to get some feedback... I wasn't there at the trackday myself this time.  It's not impossible, as one of the cables no longer wraps around the gearbox, and the other one can live a bit further away from it.

Do you have a gearbox oil cooler on the car?  This definitely helps with not beating the synchros.

Dave

A bit of an update from Dan working on the shifter, it is not a straight swap as it seems LHD and RHD are different ( I did not really expect that), so the structure of the kit had to bent to get into position, so I think Dan modified some bits to get it in place (and not twist the structure), now it means a bit of tweak for cables and so on ... but let's stay optimistic ! ! 

Sounds like an awesome upgrade!

Congrats and concur Dan is excellent and been looking after my car since I purchased definitely a trustworthy individual that can get over any challenge!

Will your OEM centre console fit over the shifter still out of interest?

www.alias23.com

3 hours ago, alias23 said:

Sounds like an awesome upgrade!

Congrats and concur Dan is excellent and been looking after my car since I purchased definitely a trustworthy individual that can get over any challenge!

Will your OEM centre console fit over the shifter still out of interest?

I think Inokinetic specify that it would fit indeed. Also, having taken the old shifter to a place in the garage, I am pretty sure the Inkinetic is also lighter, as Oem is actually heavy ... 

Spoke to Dan briefly today, sounds as though he also worked his magic on the rear gearbox linkage ;)

Going to get that mod done when I'm back in to see him for a service in a weeks time.

www.alias23.com

Yes, mod on the gear linkage as well :) which is why I did not bought some expensive after market gear cables, as they can be upgraded later if needed anyway ( shifter works with both, just a special end needed if use of Lotus cables) ! But for a road use, it is good like that !

Edited by chumaxa