free hit
counters
Gutted - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Phlissy

Gutted

How does the phrase go? "With a heavy heart..." Well mines so heavy right now, there's real danger of it spawning a black hole. Due to an unexpected change in personal circumstances, I have to part company with my Evora 400. Bugger.

I'll be back though! I've had nice cars before and never really gave a toss when the time came to sell them on. This thing though, jeez. It's been a joy to own and drive, I'll be coming straight back to Lotus as soon as I can!

For anyone interested in a mint, rock solid, issue-free Evora 400: https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/evora-400-2/

• Sad 4

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Really sorry to hear that mate, good luck with the sale though, she's a beauty.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks @Bibs. I'm just trying to focus on this being a temporary forced hiatus. 👍 I know many others here will understand that I did absolutely research the alternative option of organ sale before making this decision. 😆😪

Sorry to hear this but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

Hope your situation becomes better again soon.

buddsy 

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Sorry to hear Phil.

Hope things look up, whatever they may be.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

17 hours ago, Nathan Pitman said:

What year/reg? Didn’t see on the ad...

Ooh, crap. Good point, thanks, I forgot that! 2016.

6 hours ago, ramjet said:

Sorry to hear Phil.

Hope things look up, whatever they may be.

Thanks. It's no biggie, just a perfect storm of business downturn (thanks Brexit...) and a need to move house, meaning I have to move pieces around or off the board.

Phil, sad news, Brexit is all over the news here, as we watch it unfold.

As for the sale, good luck and I hope it gets snapped up quickly.

Shit! Sorry to hear mate. Gutted for you obviously. ☹️👎 I’ve been in that position a few years back and was backed into a corner and had to sell Esprit and house also. Needs must and hope you bounce back soon bud. 

Heres hoping not to be a lonely local Evora owner for too long  😢

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Thanks @mayevora. I'm sure I'll be supporting the SW Evora population again real soon! In the meantime, I'll try (and will no doubt fail) to not look too envious if I see you out and about in yours! 😊👍

Edited by Phlissy
  • Like 1

I can certainly empathise with you feelings @Phlissy after deciding to sell mine late last year due to having to surrender my license, hopefully temporarily, because of medical issues.

Silverstone sold mine for me within 11 days of taking it. Part of me wishes they hadn't but I hope to return to Evora ownership at some point in the future

:thumbsup: Congrats :) 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Was that the one from snow's?