free hit
counters
Show off your wheels !! - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dclare

Show off your wheels !!

Hi All,

Im running a set of OZ Novas at the moment but a) they need a refurb and b) Im worried that if one gets damaged by a pot hole I wont be able to get a replacement, so Im looking for an alternative set for regular use so I can preserve the Novas.

Im sure lots of you out there are running non-standard wheels in non-standard sizes so how about a show and tell? Pics with sizes and offsets?

There are some great looking wheels out there but tyre sizes seem to be getting more restrictive.

Any help appreciated gents!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I like these for an early Turbo, a 17" BBS style 42 I think, not mine though.... I think BMW runs these in a 17x8 20mm / 17x9  26mm combo on the 530i with a 5x120mm bolt circle, but with 12mm lug bolts.

BBSType 42 wheels.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice!

I really like the BBS wheels, but I need them to be bigger than 17" for the V8.

Also available in 18x8 20mm / 18x9 24mm here in the States. But need a 50ish mm adapter to work the offset in the rear. But you're on a different bolt circle anyway-

Best set i have seen  for aftermarket wheels on the later esprit are these. 

lotus-esprit-v8-c836117122015024210_7.jpg.9ac417d769095be3b084b01ea0790d0b.jpglotus-esprit-v8-c836117122015024210_6.jpg.c7d94adccb528ffe787420f680d2d949.jpg

They are Ground Force GF7 alloy wheels 19 x 10 with a plus 35mm  offset and a 40mm hubcentric  spacer, making it minus 5 offset. fronts 18 x 8 with a plus 25mm offset.

Not sure how much they cost but they look very nice :)

• Love 2