free hit
counters
Side skirts, Alias 23 version - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

On 30/04/2019 at 02:33, Jack said:

Thanks for the kind words.  I should have said . .....  "less is more" but you understood me.  ;)

No orange detail on my "spats".  LOL

Hello Jack,

which orange trim do you use for the edges ? what is the width of orange trim ? I am looking for same product in white but I don't find a good one.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
11 minutes ago, geartox said:

Hello Jack,

which orange trim do you use for the edges ? what is the width of orange trim ? I am looking for same product in white but I don't find a good one.

@GFWilliams may also be able to give you some pointers on what he used as he's also now edged his I believe with a yellow pinstripe.

5 hours ago, geartox said:

Hello Jack,

It's 3M 1080 wrap film.  I buy it bulk and cut the width and length I want/need.  My guess is that I cut a width of ~ 5 mm, affixed it to the edge of the side sill and wrapped any additional amount under the sill.   The wrap comes in 60" width and you purchase it by the foot.   

As I said, I purchased mine from a 3M distributor in bulk.  It is what I used on my wing end-plates, etc.

3M color palette pictured below.....

3M wrap colors.png

• Thanks 1

@geartox -- Also, nice thing about using the wrap film.... easy on and easy off, no adhesive residue, no damage to the underlying material.  

I'm trying some orange trim on the rear canards for fun after all...... easy to reverse.

Current final photo....subject to change at a moments notice.  :D

1141867944_CFstripe-final-rear.thumb.JPG.1f303ff3cd168c155a62665db3178cd1.JPG

• Like 1

did you use a specific tool to cut the film correctly, specifically for long band ? I was looking for a pre-cut film 😉

2 hours ago, geartox said:

did you use a specific tool to cut the film correctly, specifically for long band ? I was looking for a pre-cut film 😉

A yard stick, 6" ruler, sharp blade and a long table. ;)

• Like 1

Alternatively you can buy a roll of pinstripe tape from eBay :)

Mine has now been removed - I intend to get it done in paint at some point instead.