free hit
counters
My new Company car.....now gutted!! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

My new Company car.....now gutted!!

I was so happy with my new company car. I mean, it's a GT, quick yet comfortable. All the reports say it handles well and more than anything......It's totally different to anything out there...................I thought.......
57106678_10157318551094040_1865602887074

Then someone commented...............It looks like a Porsche Panamera from the back.............................And now I am gutted cause I don't ever want to drive a Porsche.

pcside.jpg

pctailgate.jpg

• Haha 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's the New Kia Proceed GT. I couldn't find anything I really wanted and Wendy wanted me to get an estate for shipping her Paintings around Shows this year. This is the Sportiest and newest I could find.

And if anyone suggests a German car I iwll personally hunt you down and assassinate you. 

• Haha 1

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Haha. But I must admit I really like the Korean Cars. The Kia's are all a little "Leftfield". Some qwerky and funky. But they all drive nice aqnd have loads of kit for the money. This Gt for example is £5000 cheaper than a Standard Golf GTi but it's so much more car for the money.

Oh Aye? Which one? And which Company........seeing as how we have 240 locations throughout the UK....and you used someone else!!

• Gold FFM
On 12/04/2019 at 13:47, Kimbers said:

It's the New Kia Proceed GT. I couldn't find anything I really wanted and Wendy wanted me to get an estate for shipping her Paintings around Shows this year. This is the Sportiest and newest I could find.

And if anyone suggests a German car I iwll personally hunt you down and assassinate you. 

Tony

had a productive discussion with Paul at sandicliffe last week and I looked around the Proceed it was lovely car as mass produced car go but for my company purchase it’s list price was little too high shame

however it was nice to see a good design features from another manufacturer which doesn’t fall into the snobbish brand factors  dominating the car market 

• Like 1

On 12/04/2019 at 13:47, Kimbers said:

Jaguar XF Sportbrake??... surely the perfect company car solution for a wagon!

Compared with zee Germans “to which the Jag counters with a more entertaining chassis”

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/jaguar/xf-sportbrake

https://www.evo.co.uk/jaguar/xf-sportbrake/21089/jaguar-xf-sportbrake-30-v6-s-review-big-jag-estate-remains-a-class-act

• Gold FFM

I really like the Kia V6 Stinger GTS and am seriously thinking about getting a 12/18 month old one next year. They look great on the road and reviews are very positive.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
58 minutes ago, Dan E said:

@C8RKH agreed nice looking car especially in that flat grey they do 

I saw a red one on the M6 yesterday, as it was speeding up to my rear view mirror I was genuinely WTF is that?  Looked superb.  I do think the Geeeeermans, as Stan would say, are going to come under increasing pressure from the "new world" car manufacturers.  I'd be chuffed to have that KIA in my drive, even if others would think it a "lesser" or "cheaper" option.

I agree the flat grey, with the red leather interior, looks very good :)

Hopefully @Kimbers will be able to get us a good deal lol...

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, auRouge said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Eclat

far better looking than a Kia 😉

Agreed. But does it come with a 7 year warranty for daily abuse and is it one of the most reliable cars out there?  ;)

• Like 1

Can’t fault Kia, amazing advancements and probably a faultless super daily.

Thread has going me thinking about my next daily! 

Eclat. Something I’m keen to talk to my Lotus independent about as an eccentric alternative daily! Been running an 18 year old Porsche for almost two years... been a fantastic project that also been zero depreciation and not too expensive to maintain.

Wonder if I could do that with an Eclat? A cool looking thing.

Edited by auRouge
Typo

On 12/04/2019 at 14:49, Chris J said:

Anyone would think the Koreans were hiring German designers... 

Edit: You beat me to it by seconds...

There's been quite a tradition for this. 🇩🇪

Ulrich Bez, who did the BMW Z1 left there for Porsche (never built 989) , then went on to Korea (Daewoo) before coming to Aston Martin in 2000.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, auRouge said:

Wonder if I could do that with an Eclat? A cool looking thing.

I actually think that would be a super cool daily!

@gghc87 used his Excel as a daily into London for many years :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I've used my Excel as my daily driver when my modern car went pop. I regularly use commute in it 2 or 3 three times a week otherwise.

On 14/04/2019 at 10:00, C8RKH said:

I saw a red one on the M6 yesterday, as it was speeding up to my rear view mirror I was genuinely WTF is that?  Looked superb.  I do think the Geeeeermans, as Stan would say, are going to come under increasing pressure from the "new world" car manufacturers.  I'd be chuffed to have that KIA in my drive, even if others would think it a "lesser" or "cheaper" option.

I agree the flat grey, with the red leather interior, looks very good :)

Hopefully @Kimbers will be able to get us a good deal lol...

Indeed I can :)

• Love 1