free hit
counters
DCOE's on an S3 NA (1983) - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
ekwan

DCOE's on an S3 NA (1983)

Just asking for a friend from Thailand who neither speaks nor writes in English.......

Poor chap had a small workshop incident which resulted in a minor engine fire. One of the DHLA's has partially melted as a result. As they are no longer available, I'd thought his only option would be DCOE replacements that are available new.

I was wondering if anyone here ever had their car fitted with Weber DCOE's, and which model was used. I understand Weber supplies carburettors based on engine BHP output, but has anyone also got specific settings for the 912 engine.

TIA on behalf of Surapong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Though Dellortos were considered superior to the DCOE's for street use in their day development work had been done in recent years to derive behavior superior to what was commonly had with either. A chap by the name of Keith Franck, residing in California, has taking a most thorough and technically sound approach in this effort. I will attach a link to the Yahoo forum he curates, under the title "Sidedraft Central".  He also has a webstore through which one may obtain his technically evolved alternative jets and emulsion tubes at reasonable prices, for both Webers and Dellortos.

I do recommend you join the Forum and take up your question with KF. He has a wealth of knowledge.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/sidedraft_central/info

• Like 1

If I was in his position, I would not consider webers.

choise 1  : the search for a dellorto . Should be possible

choise 2  : convert it to trottle bodies and a modern progra:mmable ecu with lambda. That should convert the 912 in an even, more refined engine, with good starting and running in all condition.

5 hours ago, gvy said:

If I was in his position, I would not consider webers.

choise 1  : the search for a dellorto . Should be possible

choise 2  : convert it to trottle bodies and a modern progra:mmable ecu with lambda. That should convert the 912 in an even, more refined engine, with good starting and running in all condition.

1. Those Dellorto DHLA45E (especially the "E") variants are literally impossible to find anymore. However, if you have a source, we would appreciate if you could share.

2. He would rather keep the vehicle as close to original where he can, so fitting DCOEs seem to be the closest choice.

Thanks

I can't  believe Mike at lotus bits has no 45E's around as he does conversions to throttle bodies as well.   I too am going to convert to throttle bodies as it takes out the biggest fire risk in the car.  (and makes the engine run better) however I am not ready yet so my 45's are not for sale at the moment.  (I'll keep an eye out for you for some 45E's, does he need 1 or 2 ? ) 

4 hours ago, lotus-62 said:

I can't  believe Mike at lotus bits has no 45E's around as he does conversions to throttle bodies as well.   I too am going to convert to throttle bodies as it takes out the biggest fire risk in the car.  (and makes the engine run better) however I am not ready yet so my 45's are not for sale at the moment.  (I'll keep an eye out for you for some 45E's, does he need 1 or 2 ? ) 

Both please. Front and rear, thanks.

still looking? I know one set for sale but some plastic missing (from the top) can sent you his email if you wish.

3 hours ago, lotus-62 said:

still looking? I know one set for sale but some plastic missing (from the top) can sent you his email if you wish.

Had no time due to travels recently, but still looking. Will PM you my email address.