free hit
counters
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 40 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Dated 21.01.2021: << Lotus CEO Phil Popham told Automotive News Europe on Wednesday ... >> ... << There’s also the 2,000-horsepower Evija hypercar, which was supposed to enter production last summer but was delayed because you know why. Now, Popham says the company is hoping to deliver the Evija to customers “by year end.” >>

Source: https://jalopnik.com/lotus-will-reveal-its-next-probably-last-ice-sports-c-1846102960

Edited by ExigeSport350SE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going tomorrow but I've already had a sneaky peek. This for me is one of the most remarkable figure from the press release, I'm not sure many have grasped the significance of it yet - 4.4m long,

Anyone here is completely free to dislike the Evija or any other Lotus. If they dislike all Lotus cars and people I would suggest that there are better places to spend their spare time. Criticism

enjoy

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, ExigeSport350SE said:

Dated 21.01.2021: << Lotus CEO Phil Popham told Automotive News Europe on Wednesday ... >> ... << There’s also the 2,000-horsepower Evija hypercar, which was supposed to enter production last summer but was delayed because you know why. Now, Popham says the company is hoping to deliver the Evija to customers “by year end.” >>

Source: https://jalopnik.com/lotus-will-reveal-its-next-probably-last-ice-sports-c-1846102960

Cheers, not seen that one, Popham has gone I wonder if his targets will be met. Or will it be delayed even further. Seem to be a lot of things coming this/next year or when...  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Reading the Evija battery specs, 2000 kW sounds a lot of power. But then the battery pack only holds 70 kWh. So, running the 2000 plus horses flat out, the battery pack would empty in 126 seconds. Not even my Range Rover can empty its tank that fast! But I suppose you could always run in Eco mode if you actually wanted to drive anywhere. Now, where did I put that fusion generator?

1 hour ago, electro_boy said:

It only needs to last enough to do a burn out from one Kensington traffic light till the next

But will find a point to recharge at each traffic light, and how many hours/minutes would it take.

I know these questions crop up from time to time, but do we have any idea of the total number of Evija orders to date and when the first customer car will be delivered? We know that the 2020 allocation was sold out, but that was presumably only a handful, which Covid has postponed into mid 2021. It’s now been 20 months since the unveil, so it will probably be a full 2 years until the first car is supplied. Do we really think they’ll sell 130 units at that price?

• Like 1

Remember to be “sick” these days.....you must pronounce words with a vowel with another vowel and more of them please.....it’s not “signs”  in ‘21.....it’s “Saaagns”!🤦🏻‍♂️

Is that weird vibrating noise at the end  of the video clip supposed to be the Evija’s sound? 

No thanks from me, I won’t tick that options box. I’ll just go for the standard ev motor wizzing noise. 

I guess someone had to come up with the sounds of the (literally) bells and whistles, sort of like someone having to compose the doodley-dos in the Japanese subways. I would've voted for them going with LucasArts and just having the thing talk to you like R2D2. Or ED-209 when you open the door "Unplug your Evija. You have 15 seconds to comply."  :D

• Haha 2
  • 1 month later...

Nice livery! Not lost though that we're apparently going from waiting in line at the gas pump to waiting in line for a super-charger. And none of them still know how to park! :D

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

The clip was passed to me by someone who knows I like Lotus. I believe there may have been some sort of video production taking place. It was a serendipitous occasion.

Yes, there is equipment in the dash area that we have seen in earlier video clips.

The colour scheme is not my favourite.

Nice video Mark, with the blue accents I quite like the colour scheme I must admit although not my first choice 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

spacer.png

(Now Lotus content through parentage, and embraced by the electric wave. The 55 mph US national speed limit of the 70's is an era to be forgotten tho'😳  )

• Like 1