Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 5 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

I hope to goodness it’s going to be put forward to compete in the new WEC series for Hypercars🤞.......otherwise it will be a lot less relevant than it should be😬 An incredible opportunity to remarket the brand and the only reason in my view to launch a Hypercar at this time

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/141857/the-sportscar-opportunity-that-canEURTMt-be-missed

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Can’t be done as it is a electric car only so you would only get few laps of autonomy

would be interesting to show it off for a qualification lap to compte though

14 hours ago, Bibs said:

I didn't see the post mate, sorry.

Sorry Bibs, Didn't word that well. I didn't mean you or anyone on this site. I've just checked the Leven posts and the photo has disappeared. I was wondering if someone at Lotus had perhaps been a bit presumptuous?

Yea, I'd really like Lotus to rejoin the racing arena, like a GT racing series(?) (someone better informed in this can probably say what fits better).

I won't comment on the specifics, but having chance to reflect on seeing the 130, I'm feeling really, really good about it. Having not released a new new car in over a decade, it's absolutely the best way of saying, "we still know how to do stylish, striking and unique design. We are not dinosaurs for technology either..."

I actually looked up other hypercars to see how it shapes up, and it honestly doesn't look quite like anything out there currently. There is one car that is kinda similar, though Lotus has been much more aggressive with the curves and lines. It's an absolute weapon.

18 days to go!!

Edited by LotusDan
Added excitement
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are talks to join one or more SRO GT4 series that do operate worldwide. The question being will Lotus get customer teams to race the car or do they have to race the car themselves on year one  before selling more cars on year two... Considering this is just a rejuvenation of a chassis that's been around the block a few times and is pretty much proven already, the only question is if the revamped powertrain will provide the go the car needs to be a contender on all type of circuit, One or two outings by season's end  and a good customer support package should convince teams to jump ship to them, especially if the car is aggressively priced and has a good leasing option. time to reopen Lotus Motorsport.

• Like 2

That's the photo that Leven Lotus posted on Facebook last week. I reposted here but it disappeared the next day, from their Facebook thread as well. Wonder if they or someone at Lotus were being a bit previous?

55 minutes ago, hedgerley said:

That's the photo that Leven Lotus posted on Facebook last week. I reposted here but it disappeared the next day, from their Facebook thread as well. Wonder if they or someone at Lotus were being a bit previous?

I guess so... 

• Gold FFM

They must be just renderings. I took these off a website a month ago. Nice but impractical.

B0FFF2B4-05A1-4A6E-8B77-0C07D3273D48_zps

38C53001-9431-4FEB-B08F-271691C11396_zps

215062B0-58F8-4315-B40B-C2A741311D11_zps

BB49D18F-0FA8-4A17-A343-806986F5EB5A_zps

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

1 hour ago, mayevora said:

They must be just renderings. I took these off a website a month ago. Nice but impractical.

B0FFF2B4-05A1-4A6E-8B77-0C07D3273D48_zps

38C53001-9431-4FEB-B08F-271691C11396_zps

215062B0-58F8-4315-B40B-C2A741311D11_zps

BB49D18F-0FA8-4A17-A343-806986F5EB5A_zps

Yep. Seeing that, It's just a gran turismo video game dedicated concept. So nothing like the T130. Thanks for the heads up ☺️

On 27/06/2019 at 19:38, LotusDan said:

Yea, I'd really like Lotus to rejoin the racing arena, like a GT racing series(?) (someone better informed in this can probably say what fits better).

There was something tasty going round the track on Friday that may well fit the bill :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

1 hour ago, oneshot said:

There was something tasty going round the track on Friday that may well fit the bill :whistle:

The ‘new’ GT4? (As shown recently in Shanghai & to appear at FoS). 

Looks like Lotus Evija is confirmed...  Reading ALIVE mirror image... I wonder if the font used in the instagram post will be the new on future Lotus cars.

Cool derived from the name Chavvah, I can see this panning out well. Only the second hit on google so no one else will notice

oh they’ve now deleted the post after I commented it, didn’t seem to like it!

Looks like lotuscarspr broke their own embargo, post completely gone from IG

I get the meaning but that name doesn’t work for me at all.

How about the Lotus Evangelist - seeking to convert people to an electric eco-system that won’t save the planet 🤣

• Haha 1