free hit
counters
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 10 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tex

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

48 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Wasn’t everyone expecting crazy power given the price level and figures that nearest rivals Pininfarina Batista and Rimac Concept 2 are quoting? Name a hypercar that doesn’t have crazy power.

Hey I love Lotus, but even at the price point I was questioning whether they would deliver on power. Its not like that's what they are known for. I am glad to hear that it seems like they are, because, I agree, for the money it better be crazy fast.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

the thing with electrical motor, regardless of what you do they deliver insane HP, now the Evija has 4 of them, assuming the just have around 150 to 250 bhp each then you have a ballpark of 600bhp to a 100 bhp and this being a moderate estimate. However the car will be fitted with the Williams AE powerbank so when you think that the Dendrobium D1 is touted to have 1800bhp with a powertrain specced 3 years ago... Well it opens up possibilities.

I’m sure we won’t be disappointed, not that  most of us are likely to get our mits on it. I’m sure it will showcase the best of lotus 

• Like 2

Look at the names of the other hyper cars and Lotus is no worse, and better than most.

Even the most sane name, Valhalla, is bonkers really and I bet that car sends at least one of its owners there too!

But hey, what a way to go ...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

15 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Which is kind of ironic, unfortunately. 

Lotus has never been about maximum power. 

Totally agree, Lotus always been about extracting a large amount of overall performance from small amount of resource.  But in my opinion the hypercar is change in the current way of thinking and embraces the best of Lotus's heritage and new ideas to create an buzz and hype and interest in its cars.  Lotus has never made a hypercar (well I guess the term hypercar is a relatively new one too but I hope you get my point) and hypercars are all about huge amounts resource, taking the dial and turning it up 11 if not 12!  But its a Lotus so think we're more likely to see something with similarities to Koenigsegg rather than a Bugatti.

Yes, I think you're about right - At the 70th anniversary event, of the key points they made during the talk, one was that they are aiming to push the brand in to the luxury segment.  Obviously a hypercar is that (for the super-rich) but I think it also means you'll see some compromise on the lightweight stakes in order to allow in some luxury features.  For example, over on SELOC it's been noted that it will have electric power doors - which adds style and luxury as well as weight.

Of course, as they release more models, I am sure they will still produce more focused versions of them, basically in line with Porsches approach.  I'm also really excited about the next Evora based sports car.  probably out of my price range, assuming this goes up the scale as well but in theory, good for residuals on my S!

6 days to go...

So Jas over there said the price was £2million.

Is that a correct figure or is he just messing?

Sorry if the price has been mentioned before but I may have missed it?

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I heard it was $2million or £1.6million...

14 hours ago, NedaSay said:

I heard it was $2million or £1.6million...

I'd originally understood it to be up to around the £1 million mark so was surprised to read that it might be significantly more than that

18 hours ago, Buddsy said:

$2Million id expect a driver!

For another $4million I could get Lee Majors!

buddsy

Apparently with inflation you would now need 33 million to afford the man in the red tracksuit 🏋️‍♂️

• Haha 1

The man in the red tracksuit is now 80 years old I somehow doubt he'll drive the car like he stole it, but I'd like to see this is he does. supposedly the Evija will be easier to get into than any other hypercar so...

5 days to go and the factory has gone completely quiet, not a teaser image to be found anywhere on the web...This is maddening. 

• Like 1

Do we know what the format for the release is?  Will there be a live stream on Facebook, YouTube or anything or are we waiting on the motoring press to publish details?

I'm 'following the journey' on Lotuscars.com so hoping to be kept up to date as it happens!

We know nothing at the moment, I'm banking on a bunch of youtube channels trying to one up each others as they get clear of the NDA period.

We should clearly get a press release with the fully detailed spec sheet and picture galore, and sort of expect an official video from Lotus with tons of beauty shots...  it is supposed to be unveiled at a special event so we could have a live webcast of the event on Lotus social media outlets (facebook, instagram and twitter)

But so far not a snipet.

Edited by NedaSay

Just realised July 16th is also the anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11! 

I'm guessing they will have a full size model or prototype of the car at the launch event.  It would be nice if they could keep it there on display all day even after the event so I can pop down after work and check it out in the flesh.  but no info so far about the launch event other than the date for the public so I'm not making any evening plans just yet.

Do we know where they will do the launch? Maybe in the royal Albert hall like when the esprit was launched?

• Like 1

That is a good idea. There is an electric boulevard there!

Just noticed the countdown clock. Is that new? Launch time is 1900 BST.

Yup. and few shots of the car thrown in for good measure but as they are only slithers, it is pretty hard to get an idea of the final product. I wonder if  a brave person will go rogue and break the embargo, if not i guess tuesday 7pm  it is then. Did they get the tech to get a full glass canopy? it  looks like it.

Edited by NedaSay

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

watch this space!

Space...Ill get out my telescope...are they going to out do Elon Musk by faking a car into orbit?

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777