free hit
counters
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 19 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tex

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

In the true Lotus tradition I hope they will go the French Alps to test it :D

(not that I am living there unfortunately!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I don't know if there's any point in Lotus going to Frankfurt this fall. I would hasard a guess and say that the next time will see the car will be in production validation mule guise in March 2020 in Geneva.

However, Lotus still has one car to introduce soon, the new sport car which is supposed to enter production before the Eviya does, as it will slot on the regular production line while the Eviya will christen the new atelier.

The question being will they want to unveil this car new sport car later this year or early next year.  If they choose to unveil the car this year I do think a US focus launch in LA or NY following a digital unveil and press drive in southern Europe would make more sense especially if the car is ready to enter production right away. But that is pure conjecture on my part.

I very much doubt you will see the new sports car this year for real, perhaps renders or a teaser, but it's not production ready.. Deliveries of the Evija will happen before the new sports car.

The pre-production Evija we saw will be doing a 'road-tour', but not sure about where and when.

They aid they were hoping to show the new car in March (ie Geneva) so I guess this is pretty clear cut timing next year 

Yeah, from what I've seen, anytime this year is far too early. (Though I don't want to derail the topic lol)

• Like 1

Im sure there is a good reason that they arent doing factory tours for the rest of the year. So one would presume a new prodution car? 

• Like 1

Its all the building work Gav, according to the CTL website.

After seeing the first photo, I am now convinced it will blend in effortlessly with the rest of the traffic! :cool:

• Like 1

It is this sort of thing that will bring other work to Hethel. Engineering etc.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

26 minutes ago, Techyd said:

Of the car?  Russel Carr and his team 🙂

The reason I ask is he made the comment "when I saw the sketch" which mean to me their is a person resposible

The design team has done a brilliant job. A car that looks like at Lotus and, above all, is pleasing to the eye (unlike the AM Valkyrie and Mclaren Senna). A proper bedroom wall poster car. I'm also impressed with the interior and am relieved that they have avoided silly touch screens when what works best for the driver are proper buttons and knobs. Just need to start saving up my £2m now. 

• Like 2

Although ACBC is not here - does Mr K approve............that's what I would like to know!

38 minutes ago, RichardC said:

The design team has done a brilliant job. A car that looks like at Lotus and, above all, is pleasing to the eye (unlike the AM Valkyrie and Mclaren Senna). A proper bedroom wall poster car. I'm also impressed with the interior and am relieved that they have avoided silly touch screens when what works best for the driver are proper buttons and knobs. Just need to start saving up my £2m now. 

I'm with you on the Senna.......pig ugly, but the Valkyrie to me is a work of art and engineering from someone very much at the top of his game (Adrian Newey).  I think it's fair and probably obvious to say that the car is very much driven (pardon the pun) by Newey's motorsport background first and foremost, but also will work on the road. 

The Evija designed by Carr and his team is almost the opposite.  From the little we have heard and seen so far, it seems to me that It's a road car, that also benefits from enough aero and track knowhow, so as to be very very effective on the track as well.

They are both fantastic designs in my opinion.

I'd like to see them go head to head at the ring.......

Edited by Simon Bateman
  • Like 1

Nice one Bibs - great to hear - 

Newey just designed the Valkyrie - he has not had to engineer it! 

Edited by nello

I know it was quoted earlier but this interview just fills me with confidence for the future. There's confidence, maturity and professionalism coming out from Popham et al.

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-britishcars/lotus-evija-to-target-nurburgring-record/40613

I really do hope they nail any Nurburgring attempt to shut the naysayers up!

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

The photographs posted on this page by andyj007, with the darkened upper area which "vanishes" the canopy...looks for all the World like a roadster to me. Looks much more coherent to these eyes as a coupe. Interesting.

13 hours ago, andyj007 said:

couple of pages without any more pics... sorted

rt-lotus-type-130-cdean-smith-007-1563201416.jpg

For some reason I saw that pic and thought of this

1200px-Marvin_the_Martian.svg.png

• Haha 1