free hit
counters
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 27 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

One thing that the Evija has in spades over its hypercar competitors is its looks. So why attempt to hide it? Also we don’t actually get any impression of near 2000 bhp performance apart from one Top Gear style power-slide, which any sports car can replicate. To me the video is an opportunity wasted. I think other supercar makers would have put out something much better, or not at all.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone here is completely free to dislike the Evija or any other Lotus. If they dislike all Lotus cars and people I would suggest that there are better places to spend their spare time. Criticism

enjoy

Going tomorrow but I've already had a sneaky peek. This for me is one of the most remarkable figure from the press release, I'm not sure many have grasped the significance of it yet - 4.4m long,

Posted Images

Well I guess there will be others when they are ready to show more, hopefully including a Nurburgring record attempt for instance.
Here they show they are working on the car dynamic, which is nice since they are so famous for it.

Do the other brand of supercars actually share videos like this? Maybe it could be better, but I reckon it's just intended to show that the work is in progress so we don't forget them?

• Like 1
  • Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Takes about an hour to swap them out I believe. The battery tech is from Williams Advanced Engineering, it's the only part of the car from them. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

All in house as I understand it, the legend that is Louis Kerr is the Principal Platform Engineer.

Evora NA

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, Bibs said:

Takes about an hour to swap them out I believe. The battery tech is from Williams Advanced Engineering, it's the only part of the car from them. 

That's a bit of a game changer to be honest, I also recall part of the objective was that owners would be able to swap batteries on track to get more value time on the track (i.e. as one pack is being used, one is being charged). I  might have recalled that wrong.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

It only takes 8 minutes to fully charge, there wouldn't be much point in swapping them over. 

Evora NA

• Gold FFM
9 minutes ago, Bibs said:

It only takes 8 minutes to fully charge, there wouldn't be much point in swapping them over. 

8 minutes if you have a portable nuclear power station!  The charging speed is directly linked to the KW rating of the charging point and for the 18 minute charge you would need 350KW which is some going on a portable unit. (and only portable if you have a very large truck)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Why would it be portable? I'm sure many race tracks will soon be installing chunky EV charging points soon, I'd imagine the 'Ring will be one of the first places as I'm sure they already have Tesla Superchargers there. 

Evora NA

• Gold FFM
41 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Why would it be portable? I'm sure many race tracks will soon be installing chunky EV charging points soon, I'd imagine the 'Ring will be one of the first places as I'm sure they already have Tesla Superchargers there. 

Yup, just like they installed petrol pumps...  I guess it's the way forwards but....

The 'Ring has pumps between the garages in the pit lane. Space there for chargers too if it'll make them more money. 

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

Sorry, I wasn't aware we were just talking about one track in Germany. The vast majority of tracks in the UK certainly don't have pumps.

Not many hypercars are benchmarked around Goodwood, Thruxton or Oulton Park mate, way of the present automotive world is to pay them £150k to set a 'Ring time which is a)why they can charge so much and b)the reason they'll install super duper fast chargers. 

Anyway, we're off topic, back to the car. :)

Evora NA

• Bibs featured and unfeatured this topic