free hit
counters
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 30 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tex

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

I wonder if this is a misinterpretation of the news that the first years production has sold out, made very recently. I can't see Lotus going to the trouble of taking the car to Florida (announced with a shockingly poor picture on facebook earlier) and assumedly more USA locations if they've sold them all. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Unless, as with the UK GT430 Lotus are going to produce more Evija than originally detailed 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Definitely a misinterpretation. My dealer still very happy to take my deposit for a 2021 delivery.

”the whole of the 2020 production is sold” sound like 30-40 cars. Could even be less considering it only starts in the summer. I am sure the message is to make people who still wonder about pulling the trigger comfortable the car is a success and that they need to hurry.

Lotus is working on different homologations process for places where they have indication of interest but not order yet (Australia) so they would not bother if they didn’t have more to sell.

• Like 1

Autocar corrected their news and now only referring to 2020 production.

If they had sold them all don’t you think that even Lotus’s marketing department might consider doing something to celebrate the fact, if not shout it from the rooftops? Pretty sure Uncle Bibs would know about it too. It would be the best possible news for the company at this time, not something you would keep quiet about.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Still, even one unit is more than that Aston Martin bigwig was apparently sneering about a couple of months back.

The Aston Martin big wig would be best advised to spend more time focusing on hi own (failing) business than make cheap jibes at the competition.

2 hours ago, PAR said:

Definitely a misinterpretation. My dealer still very happy to take my deposit for a 2021 delivery.

”the whole of the 2020 production is sold” sound like 30-40 cars. Could even be less considering it only starts in the summer. I am sure the message is to make people who still wonder about pulling the trigger comfortable the car is a success and that they need to hurry.

Lotus is working on different homologations process for places where they have indication of interest but not order yet (Australia) so they would not bother if they didn’t have more to sell.

You have put a deposit down? Fantastic.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frickin_idiot said:

The Aston Martin big wig would be best advised to spend more time focusing on hi own (failing) business than make cheap jibes at the competition.

You could say it was his "Ratner" moment :)

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Nice sound effects in the background.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

0.jpg

0 (1).jpg0 (2).jpg

• Like 1

Evora NA

No, it's on a tour of the East Coast of the States at the moment. 

Evora NA

It really is a good looking motor that Evija...

That's a rip off of the original Supercar Blondie Evija video which has racked up close to 3m views to date. It was linked in this thread a while back. 

Evora NA

19 minutes ago, Xynagy said:

I wonder when we will see the car go faster than me running. And I am not fast at all...

So you've not seen the video of it being driven on track and sliding round the corners then? 

https://www.autoweek.com/news/green-cars/a2156111/electric-lotus-evija-looks-ton-fun-track/

Oh, I did not mean the test vehicle from that fast cut video (no spoiler up so probably not even that fast) nearly half a year ago but an actual close to production car. No need to put it on Track, just normal countryside driving would be a sign of progress.

But I know it is worth the wait and I would drive to Lotus Garage within like 200 mls just to take a look at it. Since I doubt I will see one driving around in the real world.