free hit
counters
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 34 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

enjoy

Anyone here is completely free to dislike the Evija or any other Lotus. If they dislike all Lotus cars and people I would suggest that there are better places to spend their spare time. Criticism

Going tomorrow but I've already had a sneaky peek. This for me is one of the most remarkable figure from the press release, I'm not sure many have grasped the significance of it yet - 4.4m long,

Posted Images

On 06/07/2020 at 11:07, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

By the way: why the old “66” number plate? That would make it over 3 years old, which it clearly isn’t.

Opera Snapshot_2020-07-15_134355_www.lotuscars.com.png

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...

Other high profile posters have done on this topic previously, so I shall risk putting this link here too.  I wonder if Gordon Murray will take my Evija as a trade-in? Quite a lot of detail apart from the incredible power train. (Apols if duplicate - my search didn't find it.)

https://www.evo.co.uk/supercars/22743/gordon-murray-automotive-t50-powertrain-details-revealed?_mout=1&utm_campaign=evo_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

• Like 1

Aesthetically I still think the Evija is the better looking car (from what I can see anyways). This is still awesome though. Gordon Murray was on the Lotus podcast and it was one of their better episodes IMO.

Edited by Likuid

Well if one is in the position of buying one of them, he would probably be in the position to buy both so it's not like anyone has to choose!

Giniw, surely depends if a buyer wants a XXXXXXXXXX or a YYYYYYYYYYY.      No, I'm not going to elaborate!   Each to their own.

• 2 weeks later...

Do we know if we are going to be able to visit it at Silverstone from here out or is it back into hiding?

@DJW, those pics are amazing, would you mind if I shared them on our social channels please?

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

@bibs fill your boots 🙂

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Stunning photos Dave thanks for posting, happy to see your plus 2 yesterday, shame we never got the opportunity to chat 👍

• Like 1

Accepting the Evija's appearance on its own terms and without comment, seeing those photos makes me wonder about the status of that particular car.

As presumably it was intended for viewing fairly generally - Lotus Silverstone's guests? Some club? Invited by Lotus?. Potential purchasers? - I imagine that it was intended as a show car, and the bright yellow finish was an intentional aspect of displaying it.

Given that the Evija's very heavily sculptured form is evident whatever the colour, wouldn't something quieter - the traditional metallic silvery grey for instance - have better represented a £2m plus car?  

The photos of the car park show "obviously real" cars in quieter colours. (The Plus 2 is lovely.)  The Evija's yellow on any car makes the sort of attention-grabbing statement that some would prefer to avoid - I know that I am not the only one. On the Evija, it accentuates the intensity of the sculpturing to a degree that it made me wonder about film props, or an advert for some forthcoming Pixar cartoon.

Really, I'm not commenting on the Evija's appearance in itself - the sculpturing is functional and fundamental to the aero design. That colour however, for me, does seem to highlight it "beyond reality". The  photos showing the interior through the open door give me no such issues!

Perhaps it's my age (although my Lotus is Vivid Green!)

34 minutes ago, mdavies said:

Lotus Silverstone's guests?

Yup, customers past and present of both their car sales and service plus a few other invited guests. 

34 minutes ago, mdavies said:

the traditional metallic silvery grey for instance

I was there today, the Solaris Yellow is otherworldly in the flesh, stunning. 

More pics tomorrow...

20200808_191346.jpg

• Like 2

Evora NA