free hit
counters
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 38 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone here is completely free to dislike the Evija or any other Lotus. If they dislike all Lotus cars and people I would suggest that there are better places to spend their spare time. Criticism

enjoy

Going tomorrow but I've already had a sneaky peek. This for me is one of the most remarkable figure from the press release, I'm not sure many have grasped the significance of it yet - 4.4m long,

Posted Images

Nice vid! Russell's Type 1 watch FTW! Must ordinarily keep it tucked away, still looks like the original band! :D

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Spinney said:

Sexy looking for sure, but I still find that whining noise bloody irritating though. 

It sounds a bit like formula E, not good to listen to. Needs a soundtrack added.

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Blimey, Lord March has aged well since I last saw him.

Perhaps the real one could not get in the car

Entry to the car doesn’t look that elegant does it?😂

For that reason, I won’t be buying one as my wife would hate trying to get in it. 😉

6 minutes ago, Spinney said:

For that reason, I won’t be buying one as my wife would hate trying to get in it. 😉

I first thought he was trying to get in the back, then i realised there are no back seats. Makes the elise/evora etc look very easy to get in.

1 hour ago, Spinney said:

I really struggled to get in it when it was at Parks Lotus a few weeks ago.  I have an Esprit which has a lower roofline and a much smaller door opening. I have no problem dropping into the seat. Then it dawned on me, left hand drive. It felt extremely awkward leading with my right leg. Totally counter intuitive. I guess its muscle memory. So I'm with you Spinney, I won't be ordering one on that basis.....

• Haha 1

Yes I know what you mean. I could never easily get into the passenger side of my Elise and Exige. Bizarre isn’t it?  🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Ever tried that in an esprit @Giniw? Give us all a good chuckle and bang up a video of that please 😁

Was not easy in the excel but had to do it once when the drivers door would not unlock - and as it was over 20 years ago i was a lot more nimble.

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

It looks like the black Evija has roll cage bars that are making entry a bit more tight.

Correct. That looks like a development car with a few gold pin stripes. The actual car would be easier to get in/out of, or there are gonna be 130 millionaires who won’t be able to actually get out of their new cars.

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany

Even though the black and gold evija looks amazing it sounds like an old washing machine on fast spin.

Plus having only one gear? Looks crap to drive, I'm pulling my order 😂

Edited by little fella
  • Haha 1
  • Gold FFM

I have to admit, it looked fantastic on track. It looked planted and the "eyes" tell all with regards to the speed that thing was going at.

I don't like electric cars. Not a fan at all of the current offerings. But, if I win £50m on the lottery I WOULD place an order for one of those on the proviso that they never spoil it like they did the Evora by putting two frigging seats in the back lol.  I could actually even live with the noise as at speed, it sounds a bit like a jet!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

@C8RKH

8D58DBD7-0CDC-4251-A474-3C3D5737BF0B.thumb.png.12f35ac869d583771251c2def7614e9f.png

can I have that knackered worn out old 410 you’ve got when you take delivery of the Evija - I promise to extol the sheer brilliance of the 2+0 config 👍

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Yes you can as Bob would say!

• Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Sorry folks, it sounds $ hit and probably smells of ozone. I think I have seen the best of the best motoring years over the last 40 or so. The smell of two stroke oil, the smell of synthetic oil as it cools, noisy exhausts, dump valves popping, stuff that your senses can smell, hear and feel..... Electrification just does nothing for me no matter how “cool” the car looks.

Now if this car had been fitted with a NA V12, THEN it would be a proper super car.

Just my 2p

• Like 1

Having driven Goodwood a lot I had a similar eye-popping expression to young Lord March while watching that - bloody hell that's quick and very planted!  Lotus have said publicly they aren't trying to break any records at SpeedWeek, but I'd love to know what sort of lap times they have achieved.

The JPS liveried car looks like an engineering protoytpe, with most of the interior missing and a load of interim switchgear and telemetry.  So I guess the electric whine isn't representative of what a finished car with full NVH will sound like.  It does remind me a bit of the supercharger noise I had behind my head in my old Elise SC. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Suddabym said:

Correct. That looks like a development car with a few gold pin stripes. The actual car would be easier to get in/out of, or there are gonna be 130 billionaires who won’t be able to actually get out of their new cars.

Fixed it for you ;)

Had a friend who had a friend who was an oil magnate in west Texas who probably owned one of the earliest F1s in the States because he had the real estate to drive it without worrying about legality. He spoke of his and others "worth" in terms of "units."

Those "units" each being $100 mil... :D 

• Like 1