free hit
counters
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 9 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tex

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

54 minutes ago, Techyd said:

@KennyN - Were you there by any chance?!

Unfortunately not, I've been otherwise occupied since last Wednesday...details to follow when I see you next Monday evening. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Don't know quite how to put this, and amazed that one of the major contributors here has not already done so - some sort of extreme loyalty? - but huge detail by someone very well informed has appeared on the.......um .......place where some go out to play.

"........can buy it if I want to......"     "....guy who saw it after me was an Arab Prince, who arrived in a helicopter, with entourage... "

This by me!   Not the "informer".   Some how feeling rather guilty................. but  someone would have soon.

Edited by mdavies
Clarification re last line
  • Confused 1

Sorry but I’m totally in the dark after reading the above post?! Would love to know you were getting at though........?

• Like 2

Someone on S ELOC (who already owns a 720 and has ordered one of the £1m+ Astons) has already sat in it and seen it at length. He recounts his experience and thoughts on it. 

In more than one post on the thread - have to read it I'm afraid.............

You know, reading that thread over their reminds me why I probably spend about 5 minutes a month on it. Pleased for the prospective new owner, but jeez, the negativity is unreal.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

What’s the huge detail? An Arab Prince is interested in a new hypercar? That’s exactly the sort of person they need to view the car. 

The significance is completely lost on me too I’m afraid, so please do spell it out for us.

Jonny, I used the words "huge detail" in relation what Lotus themselves have revealed so far. Interpreting some of what 'Jas' has said does depend on having some knowledge of the Valhalla. (Not that I have much.) And taking it (e.g. re the weight) together with comments from others on the thread.  I'm not going to take material from another forum. Must press on now.

So nothing to do with Arab princes then? If the huge detail is what Lotus has revealed then why not repeat it here, many would find that interesting.

Quite a few here know a lot about T130, especially after Goodwood so we can confirm if it is indeed accurate. No great revelations going on in the playground as far as I can see apart from someone giving it the very big I am.

So we are none the wiser about its looks?

I read on tge Evo website that its a cross between a McLaren road car and a LPM1 car. So cab forward design and im assuming understated styling at the front at least

If thats true then would be a bit dissapointed as surely now would be the time to try and standout from the crowd.

Anyways we will all know for sure soon

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Me, I'm just waiting for the reveal on the 16th where I am expecting to be pleasantly surprised when the wrapper comes off.

☝️

13 hours ago, C8RKH said:

You know, reading that thread over their reminds me why I probably spend about 5 minutes a month on it. Pleased for the prospective new owner, but jeez, the negativity is unreal.

I just checked the thread on the other forum and the negativity is unreal. I am optimistic.

Nah if we all know what it is like and its shit they can rectify it before the 16th. Shirley.

😉

How can anyone be negative on a new car launch. Surely this is exciting times for any Lotus nut. 

• Like 1

Also comparing the Valhalla to the Evija... I guess it is possible to compare to some extent but hum isn't the Vallhalla a downgraded offshoot of a hypercar program versus state of the art Evija. Yeah sure it's an Aston so Aston wins.... Good gosh people!!!  Then again this is the hand Lotus is dealt all the time.

5 minutes ago, Stuart Monument said:

How can anyone be negative on a new car launch. Surely this is exciting times for any Lotus nut. 

Because on the other site they mostly seem to drive and talk about anything other than a Lotus anyway! So they talk Lotus down to make their German cars look better....  

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

6 hours ago, Gallandro007 said:

Nah if we all know what it is like and its shit they can rectify it before the 16th. Shirley.

😉

There's not enough time and don't call me Shirley

From what Jas is saying on SELOC the Evija has crazy power.

11 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I bet some of you could convince yourselves that you wouldn't enjoy a weekend alone in a nice remote log cabin with a roaring fire before Kylie even arrived!

Me, I'm just waiting for the reveal on the 16th where I am expecting to be pleasantly surprised when the wrapper comes off. 

Arwe you stil talking about Kylie?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

32 minutes ago, Likuid said:

From what Jas is saying on SELOC the Evija has crazy power.

Which is kind of ironic, unfortunately. 

Lotus has never been about maximum power. 

7 minutes ago, USAndretti42 said:

Arwe you stil talking about Kylie?

Yup!  Lucky boy eh. ;)

1 minute ago, Bravo73 said:

Which is kind of ironic, unfortunately. 

Lotus has never been about maximum power. 

Unless it is also crazy light for its class so then wow!  "Always look on the bright side...."

Wasn’t everyone expecting crazy power given the price level and figures that nearest rivals Pininfarina Batista and Rimac Concept 2 are quoting? Name a hypercar that doesn’t have crazy power.

• Like 2